Fast Market Research recommends "EpiCast Report: Asthma - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022" from GlobalData, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/06/2013 -- Asthma is one of the most common chronic diseases in the world, with an estimated 300 million people suffering from the disease in 2004 (Masoli et al., 2004). The 2004 Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) report estimated that prevalence of asthma in the general population varied widely in different countries around the world, with proportions ranging between 1% in Albania and 18% in Wales (Masoli et al., 2004; WHO, 2007). Asthma accounts for approximately 250,000 deaths around the world annually, deaths that otherwise could be easily prevented through appropriate treatment (Masoli et al., 2004; WHO, 2007).
GlobalData epidemiologists predict a substantial increase in the number of lifetime prevalent cases of asthma in the 10 major markets during the forecast period. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that there will be approximately 159.20 million lifetime prevalent cases of asthma in the 10 major markets by 2022, with an overall growth of 17.7% over the next decade. GlobalData epidemiologists attribute the projected increase in the lifetime prevalent cases of asthma across all the markets covered in this analysis to changing population demographics in the respective markets, except for the US and the UK, where this growth is also attributed to trends in genetic determinants, social status, environmental factors, and changes in policies related to disease identification and recording (Simpson and Sheikh, 2010; Smith et al., 2005).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The asthma EpiCast Report provides overview of the risk factors and global trends for asthma in the 10 major markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Australia, China, and India).
- In addition, the report includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the lifetime prevalent cases of asthma segmented by sex, age (in five-year increments beginning at 0 years and ending at ages 85 years and older), and asthma severity in these 10 markets.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global asthma market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global asthma market to improve product development, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex, age groups, and disease severity groups that present the best opportunities for asthma therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- EpiCast Report: Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection and Prophylactic Populations in the US - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Psoriasis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Postmenopausal Vaginal Atrophy - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Dry Eye Syndrome - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Dermatophytic Onychomycosis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Chronic Myeloid Leukemia - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Human Immunodeficiency Virus - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022