Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Finland Telecommunications Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/21/2015 -- Although Finland is a mature market with penetration rate around 181%, BMI believes that the growth has not yet reac hed its ceiling and the mobile market will expand until 2016. ARPU's, on the other hand will decline as the competition intensifies a trend which BMI believes will continue until the end of the forecast period. To keep a competitive edge, operators will have to focus on investing into high-bandwidth infrastructure such as fibre and LTE, but this is a capital-intensive undertaking despite the improved margins LTE at 800MHz would provide. Newcomer Ukko Mobile sees an opportunity in the LTE 450MHz market, but it will need to rely on innovative service bouquets if it is to stan d out from the crowd. Regulator s ' proposals to cut fixed line leasing costs, are likely to bode well for fixed-line operator revenues.
- TeliaSonera's Finnish fixed-line subscriptions increased 5.72% year-on-year (y-o-y) from 1.171mn to 1.238mn in Q314. Data from DNA shows that the company's fixed-line subscriber base increased by 3.1% y-o-y to 1.078mn in September 2014 from 1.012mn in Q313.
- The mobile market is forecast to see subscriptions grow from 9.759mn in 2013 to 9.987mn in 2018, with numbers of 3G/4G subscriptions rising from 6.622mn to 8.249mn. This takes into account the phased rollout of 800MHz LTE services over this time.
- The wireline voice telephony market will continue to shrink, from 750,000 subscriptions to 510,000 by 2018. However, the fragmented nature of the market and a continued reliance on cable and xDSL in more isolated areas means that the rate of decline will slow over time. The number of broadband connections - including mobile - will reach 5.457mn by 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
Key focus in the Finnish telecommunications market will be on developing LTE networks. In May 2014, Ukkoverkot acquired the 450MHz mobile broadband concession from Datame. The following month, it commissioned Omnitele to...
The Finland Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Finland's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Finland Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Finland.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Finland to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Finnish telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Finland's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Finland.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- Romania Telecommunications Report Q1 2015