Fast Market Research recommends "Full-Service Restaurants in Portugal" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/17/2014 -- 2013, as a whole, was another challenging year for full-service restaurants. After several difficult years for this category, full-service restaurants declined further in 2013 by 7%, suffering more than all other consumer foodservice categories. Despite the relative improvement observed from July onwards in terms of consumer confidence, the macroeconomic uncertainties force the Portuguese to remain cautious about their spending in general, looking for ways to economise and optimise their budgets. Thus, many consumers ate at home, or took their lunches to work, limiting dining out in restaurants to special occasions. In addition, the VAT increase from 13% to 23% in 2012 continued to have a strong impact on full-service restaurant value sales.
Although independent outlets largely dominated full-service restaurants, chains steadily gained share during the review period. Chained outlets reached 120 in 2013; nevertheless, this barely represented 1% of the total number of full-service restaurants in Portugal.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The number of full-service restaurants is expected to grow sluggishly over the forecast period, as none of the international companies present in Portugal seem to have any expansion plans. This is because Portugal does not offer strong development potential for foreign investors. Also, the fact that the opening of new shopping centres is not predicted before the end of the forecast period will work in favour of independent full-service restaurants.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Full-Service Restaurants industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Full-Service Restaurants industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Full-Service Restaurants in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Full-Service Restaurants in Portugal?
- What are the major brands in Portugal?
- What cuisine type (Latin American, Asian, North American etc.) is most popular in full-service restaurants in Portugal?
- How prevalent is casual dining in Portugal and how is this category expected to grow over the next five years?
- How fragmented is the full-service restaurant industry in Portugal?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Full-Service Restaurants in South Korea
- Full-Service Restaurants in the Netherlands
- Full-Service Restaurants in Turkey
- Full-Service Restaurants in France
- Full-Service Restaurants in Thailand
- Full-Service Restaurants in the United Kingdom
- Full-Service Restaurants in Saudi Arabia
- Full-Service Restaurants in Egypt
- Full-Service Restaurants in Sweden
- Full-Service Restaurants in Mexico