Recently published research from MarketLine, "Glencore & Xtsrata: Creating the fourth largest global mining company", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/06/2013 -- Glencore International, a commodity trading giant, is seeking to merge with mining company Xstrata. The move was announced in February 2012 with the proposal accepted by shareholders in November 2012. The deal is worth $31bn and would create the fourth largest mining company in the world. The company would also possess leading positions in power generation and agricultural products.
Features and benefits
- MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends."
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Glencore operates in commodity markets, including mining. The company engages in industrial activity and marketing. Xstrata is a mining company which profited from Glencore spinning off its thermal coal assets, and has grown to incorporate many metals The company has focused on organic growth projects, productivity and efficiency.
Glencore has maintained an interest in Xstrata. The deal would create the fourth largest mining company with a dominant position in many commodities and vertical integration. Glencore will utilize Xstrata's cost cutting abilities. Xstrata would also gain access to Glencore's extensive network of traders and local offices.making decisions.
The deal has ramifications beyond the mining industry. Glencore CEO Ivan Glasenberg will now be in charge of Xstrata, with the senior management team likely to depart or be seriously depleted. The deal is still subject to approval from competitive authorities, which could force concessions from the authorities to ensure the deal goes through.
Your key questions answered
- Who are Glencore International and Xstrata?
- Why do Glencore and Xstrata want to merge?
- What are the potential consequences of the merger?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Coal in China to 2015: Market Profile
- Joy Global Inc. (JOYG) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Coal Mining Market in Asia Pacific to 2020 - New Coal-Fired Power Plants to Enhance Regional Coal Production over the Forecast Period
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Mining Survey 2012-2013: Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry
- Global Business Survey: Revenue Growth Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2012-2013
- Global Business Survey: M and A Trends and Key Markets for Growth in 2012-2013
- Industry Dynamics, Growth, Threats & Opportunities in the Mining Industry - 2012-2013 : Survey Intelligence