Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/01/2014 -- "Global Executives Survey: The impact and influence of social media and online retail on the CPG industry" is a new report by Canadean that globally analyzes industry opinions on the role of social media and e-commerce in retail, and their impact upon investment decisions and growth prospects within the CPG industry.
- eRetail is set to become an increasingly important sales channel for groceries and personal care products, with 93% of CPG companies predicting growth in their country of operation. Alongside benefits, such as increased sales and revenue, the format brings its own challenges - traditional retail approaches will need to be significantly modified for the format, with distribution infrastructure investment, the development of online marketing, and packaging innovation being key to success.
- The majority of CPG companies currently make use of social media, with 92% having a presence on at least one online platform. Usage strategies are, however, currently underdeveloped with many companies lacking a coherent multi-platform plan, significant financial investment, or sophisticated usage monitoring systems. With user uptake of social media set to rise further over the next three years due to increasing use of smartphone technology, it is vital that companies develop strategies to engage a lucrative interactive consumer base.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report examines the executive opinion about the current and future trends related to social media and online shopping and their retrospective effect on the CPG industry. Furthermore, it analyses the types of social media being used, challenges faced in implementing social media marketing, expected growth of online retail, and key reasons for growth in online retail over the next three years.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Social media and online shopping trends: analyzes industry sentiments about the latest trends related to social media and online shopping, and their impact upon investment decisions and growth prospects within the CPG industry.
- Current and future trends: examines the executive opinion about the current and future trends related to social media and online shopping.
- Current inhibitors of online sales: Identifies current inhibitors for increasing online sales from both consumer and industry perspective.
- Key packaging developments: identifies key developments in the packaging industry which were influenced by the growth of online shopping.
- Change in consumer behavior: analyses the key changes in consumer behavior levels regarding usage of social media and online shopping.
- Leading challenges: identifies key challenges faced by industry executives when it comes to having an effective social media strategy.
- Concerns related to online shopping behavior: analyzes the key concerns to online shopping behavior.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: PepsiCo, Danone, Cargill, Hancock, Woolsworth, Iceland Foods, and Loblaws.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Food Industry Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Food Industry
- Global Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Beverage Industry
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Global Business Traveler Survey 2013: Hotel Accommodation, Selection Criteria and Customer Expectations of New Technology, Promotions and Services
- The Russian Haircare Market: What Consumers Use and Why?
- The Chinese Fragrances Market: What Consumers Use and Why?
- The Chinese Make-up Market: What Consumers Use and Why?
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Global Construction Industry: Business Outlook Survey of Senior Executives 2013-2014: According to the survey results, 55% of senior-level respondents rate 'market uncertainty' as the most pressing business concern during 2013-2014
- Global Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Beverage Industry