New Retailing research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/23/2014 -- Health and beauty specialist retailers sales increased by 3% in current value terms in 2013, to reach A$21.5 billion. The 2013 growth was lower than the 5% current value growth seen in 2012 as the channel experienced significant pressure, particularly from the rapid expansion of the discount model in different channels. For instance, in optical goods Specsavers Pty Ltd continued to open stores, reaching 281 outlets, whilst in drugstores/parapharmacies Chemist Warehouse Ltd increased its presence to 228 outlets.
Sigma Pharmaceuticals, owner of the Amcal and Guardian chemist banners, was the leading player in health and beauty specialist retailers in 2013. With a network of more than 580 retail outlets, the company accounted for 8% of the value sales of the channel during 2013. Earlier in the year, the company partnered with Pharmacy Alliance, which resulted in 30 Pharmacy Alliance members' outlets being rebranded as Amcal. During 2013, the company also invested significantly in its multichannel strategy, launching a new version of its Amcal website in July, with full e-commerce facilities.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Health and beauty specialist retailers sales are expected to increase by a constant value CAGR of 3% over the forecast period. Positive growth is expected in the forecast period as a result of better economic conditions, improved consumer confidence and industry consolidation in different channels.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers channel in Australia?
- Who are the leading retailers in Australia?
- How is consumers' desire to look good and stay health driving sales for health and beauty specialists?
- How are health and beauty specialists' product mixes being adapted to consumers' changing shopping patterns?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Switzerland
- Retailing in Poland
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Turkey
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in South Africa
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Austria
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in Denmark
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Health and Beauty Specialist Retailers in the US