Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/14/2014 -- Electric power is the most essential component in human life, and life would come to a standstill without it. Thus, there is a need to enhance the transmission system. The IGBT & Thyristor market is in its growth stage and penetrating very fast. Since its invention in the early 1980s, the IGBT has become the dominant power of semiconductor in converters for mass transit applications. IGBT has become the switching element of choice in applications requiring devices rated above 500V. The high-tech power grid will increase power trading among the neighboring nations which would be a scorching concern for the IGBT and Thyristor market in the coming future while developments/advancements in power electronics would be a captivating imperative for the existing as well as new entrants.
In today's field of modern engineering technology and science, thyristors form an extremely important device and is almost universally employed for all high-power controlled gadgets. Thyristors are mainly used where high currents and voltages are involved, and are used to control alternating currents (AC), where the change of polarity of the current causes the device to switch off automatically. In addition, it has been observed that the IGBT driver's area is active and justified by the bunch of start-up companies proposing solutions offering more design flexibility and/or higher performance. Major drivers of the market are government incentives and the aging power infrastructure in the developed economies. These drivers are giving a boost to the power application market which in turn is fuelling the growth in the IGBT and thyristor market
China, Australia, and India are the fastest-growing countries in the APAC region, whereas Brazil is the potential market for the IGBT and thyristor market for FACTS application.For power conversion and power quality control, both HVDC and FACTS systems use power electronic converters. IGBTs and thyristors have been serving as the key componentsin HVDC and FACTS converters for several years and are being further developed for higher power rating these days. The report describes the thyristor and IGBT technology and its development in applications such as power, renewable energy, motor drives, motor controls, light dimmers, and others. With particular reference to thyristors' application in high-voltage and high-current areas, the fundamental features and characteristics of thyristors havebeen discussed. Many thyristors connected in series together with specially designed auxiliary mechanical and electronic systems builtwith so called thyristor valves, form the converters for the power systems.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Hardware Encryption Market - By Algorithms (AES, RSA), Architectures (FPGA, ASIC), Products (Hard Disk Drives, USB Drives and In-Line Encryptors), Applications, Verticals and Geography - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2018)
- Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS) Market by Compensation (Shunt, Series, Combined), Component (Thyristors, Capacitor Banks, Reactors), Application, Industry Vertical (Electric Utilities, Steel, Mining), Global Forecast & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Energy Efficient Motors Market (2013-2018): By Product, Type, and Application
- Combustion Controls, Equipments & Systems Market - By Product [Components (Boilers, Thermal Oxidizers, Incinerators, Gas Turbines), Systems, Monitoring & Control Instruments], Application & Geography (2013 - 2018)
- Level Sensors Market: Global Forecast & Analysis - Focus on Technologies (Contact Type and Non Contact Type), Applications and Geography (2013 - 2018)
- Teleprotection Market - By Product Type (Teleprotection units, Communication Network Technology, Software, Services), Components (IED, Interface Device, SCADA), Applications (Power, Telecom) and Geography - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2018)
- Torque Sensor Market - By Technology (Rotary, Static/Reaction, Magnetoelastic, IR, SAW, Optical), Application (Automotive, Industrial, Test & Measurement, Aerospace & Defense, Medical) and Geography, Global Forecast & Analysis (2013-2018)
- Global Image Sensor Market (2013 - 2018) By Technology (CCD, CMOS, Contact IS, Infrared, X-ray, FSI, BSI); Applications (Healthcare, Surveillance, Automobile, Consumer, Defense, Industrial); Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, ROW)
- Global Acoustic Wave Sensor (SAW And BAW) Market - Forecast, Trend & Analysis - Segmentation By Sensing Parameters [Pressure, Temperature, Mass, Torque, Humidity, Chemical, Touch, Others], Applications And Geography (2013-2018)
- Global Liquid Crystal on Silicon (LCoS) market (2013-2018) by Application, Product and Geography
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)