Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/11/2014 -- BMI View: With increasing saturation of the mobile market and declining voice revenues, we expect Indonesia's largest telecoms service to focus next generation fixed and mobile data networks. This fixed network market is witnessing considerable investments in fibre optic network infrastructure, a development that should drive the uptake of high-value converged services, including IPTV. We also believe that the country's mobile operators will accelerate their tower outsourcing and managed services strategies in order to reduce operating costs considering their weak bottom line performances during FY13.
- The mobile sector grew by 14.6% y-o-y in FY13 to bring the penetration rate to 129.3%.
- The fixed-line sector contracted by 2.5% y-o-y in FY13, compared to a contraction of 1.6% in FY12.
- Mobile ARPUs continued their trend in 2013, with market weighted average blended ARPU falling by 5% for the year.
- We have included estimates for broadband access through dedicated mobile data devices, boosting our historical data and forecast.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
MN C Group's plans to invest USD2-3bn to create an alternative fibre-optic high-speed broadband network in Indonesia over the next 10 years are likely motivated by bullish forecasts for growth in the domestic pay-TV market. The media conglomerate - which operates the largest and most popular group of TV channels in the country - states that its aim is to make affordable broadband access widely available. Reportedly, the network will eventually pass 10mn households and offices and be operated by one of MNC's listed units, PT Global Mediacom. This company has two areas of focus: content and advertising-based media (channelled through 69.5%-owned Media Nusantara Citra) and subscription-based media (provided by 66.5%-owned MNC Sky Vision).
XL Axiata has completed its acquisition of Axis Telecom. XL Axiata secured shareholder and regulatory approvals for the deal in early 2014. In September...
The Indonesia Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Indonesia's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Indonesia Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Indonesia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Argentina Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- 2014 Worldwide Wired Telecommunications Carriers Industry - Industry & Market Report
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q3 2014
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- India Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Telecommunications Report Q2 2014