New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Ireland Telecommunications Report Q2 2015"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/10/2015 -- The fallout from the merger of O2 Ireland to Hutchison 3G Ireland continues to weigh on the Irish telecoms market. Incumbent eircom ramped up its plans to roll out a next-generation access network based in fibre in light of the 3 group's increased broadband capabilities and reach. It then committed itself to a costly fibre-to-the-home rollout after the European Commission approved the formation of a wireline broadband joint venture between Vodafone and the Electricity Service Board (ESB). Pay-TV operator Sky will see an increase in content after its UK parent buys its German and Italian sister companies. And at least two new MVNOs will enter the market in the near future, although we have a bearish view on their chances of success and the impact they will have on the value of the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- New data suggest stronger 3G/4G uptake than previously surmised. We forecast 3G/4G subscriptions to rise to 3.747mn by 2018, or 66.8% of the mobile market.
- This - along with the eircom and Vodafone/ ESB initiatives - allows us to raise our forecasts for broadband adoption. We expect there to be 1.892mn mobile and wireline broadband subscriptions by 2018.
Key Trends & Developments
Although eircom decided not to pursue an initial public offering (IPO) of its shares that would have given it greater freedom to bankroll its ambitious fibre-based next-generation access network (NGAN) project, the company is accelerating its medium-term expansion plans in response to heightened competition. Vodafone's partnership with ESB in the fibre-to-the-building (FTTB) market prompted eircom to raise its NGAN coverage target to 1.6mn premises; regulatory approval for the partnership then promoted eircom to declare plans to build a FTTH network of its own, serving 66 towns and cities. Around the same time, the Irish government announced plans to finance additional rural broadband initiatives and Sky's presence in the broadband market deepened as it...
The Ireland Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Ireland's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Ireland Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Ireland.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Ireland to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Irish telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Ireland's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Ireland.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts and views, covering the ARPU, fi xed-line, mobile (including 3G & 4G ), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-line Telephony Telephone lines (?000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony Mobile phone subscribers (?000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; and where available, 3G & 4G subscribers (?000); 3G & 4G subscribers/100 inhabitants; 3G & 4G subscribers as a percentage of overall mobile market.
- Internet Markets Internet users (?000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers (?000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015