Fast Market Research recommends "Japan Infrastructure Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/09/2014 -- We believe the ongoing decline in Japan's construction growth could be a sign that the economic stimulus implemented by the government in 2013 is already starting to wear off. We have long highlighted that these stimulus measures would need to be accompanied by structural reforms in order to have positive long-term effects, but progress with these reforms remains limited. As such, it remains to be seen whether the Japanese government will be able to overcome its fiscal problems and carry out the necessary reforms that could lift long-term construction and infrastructure demand.
Key Trends And Developments
- In March 2014, Goldman Sachs announced that (Infrapppworld) the investment bank was considering an investment in one of Japan's largest airports, the New Kansai International Airport. The investment, estimated to worth up to JPY600bn, could be carried out through the bank's GS Infrastructure Partners II fund. The government-owned airport, on an artificial island in Osaka Bay, started its operations in September 1994 and currently has a debt of JPY1.2trn.
- In April 2014, Malaysia's Berjaya Land secured a USD160mn loan from RHB Bank and Mizuho Bank to fund the development of its Four Seasons Hotel in Kyoto, Japan. Under the loan agreement, Mizuho will be the end-financier of the project and will offer the loan amount, whereas RHB will act as the principal financier and will back the loan with a standby letter of credit. The loan period is five years from the first drawdown, with a two-year construction and three-year repayment period, according to Berjaya's executive director, Leong Wy Joon (The SunDaily).Berjaya also awarded a MYR358.3mn (USD110mn) contract for the construction of the hotel to Japan's Taisei Corp. The contract is for the base building, comprising fit-outs for the standard rooms. The hotel covers a built-up area of 34,725m2 and will have 123 rooms and 56 long-stay units. The hotel is expected to be officially opened in 2016.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Romania Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- South Korea Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Argentina Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Poland Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Iran Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Iraq Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Australia Infrastructure Report Q3 2014