Fast Market Research recommends "Japan Telecommunications Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/20/2014 -- Japan's telecommunications market is saturated , with above 100% mobile penetration and close to 94% of the mobile subscriptions on 3G or 4G services in 2013. The main driver of the saturated market is expected to be in the 4G and big data services, both of which are crucial to operators to help offset the loss of voice and SMS revenues to free messaging service LINE. According to data provided by the regulator the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC), LTE subscriptions grew at 119% in 2013, while 3G subscriptions show modest decline of 2.4% over the same period , s howing strong eviden ce that 4G services are starting to substitute for 3G subscriptions.
- Mobile subscriptions have continued to increase, reaching 146.256mn by end-2013. BMI forecasts the mobile market will have 162,188 subscriptions by 2018.
- LTE subscription growth has accelerated and is beginning to substitute for 3G services, which are in decline as a result. MIC latest data in 2013 illustrates a 2.4% decline in 3G services, while LTE subscriptions grew 119%.
- ARPU levels will likely continue trending down due to an increase in smartphone ownership, which poses a threat to traditional service revenues through IP substitution for voice and SMS. While data ARPU is increasing, it is not enough to stop the overall decline, with market average blended ARPU down 5.0% in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
Japanese operators have placed their bets on the 4G market, with all three reporting higher 4G capex in 2014. NTT DoCoMo revealed it intends to spend over USD3.8bn to increase LTE coverage and improve existing connectivity speed for areas still under the slower 3G technology. KDDI, another operator, intends to boost its tower portfolio by another 60% in 2014. Softbank also said it will ensure its 4G services remain competitive with its rivals by undertaking similar investments.
In May 2014, Softbank Corp's subsidiary Yahoo! Japan...
The Japan Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Japan's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Japan Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Japan.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Japan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Japanese telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Japan's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Japan.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q4 2014