New Construction market report from Business Monitor International: "Kuwait Infrastructure Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/23/2014 -- Our view for modest positive growth within Kuwait's construction sector is playing out driven largely by the housing sector , with our 2015 forecast for year-on-year growth standing at 3.8%. Despite plenty of infrastructure project opportunities in Kuwait, the country's business environment has limited i nvestor interest. In comparison to its GCC neighbours, Kuwait's industry size is small and will experience more moderate growth rates. B etween 201 4 and 201 8 , BMI forecast s t he value of the Kuwaiti construction industry will increase in real terms by an average of 4.2% y-o-y, taking it from US D 3. 5 bn in 201 4 to US D 5 bn by 20 18 .
Key Developments Underpinning Outlook:
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Providing upside to our longer-term forecasts, Kuwait has signed major deals within its downstream infrastructure sector, which aims to boost the quality and quantity of Kuwait's refined fuels. The Clean Fuels Project and the New Refinery Project combined represent deals worth over USD20bn.
- Also on Boubyan, the 'Silk City' project, which has a total cost of over USD90bn, has had its masterplan approved by the government. Although the project has been on hold for some time, it is hoped that this move could entice developers into investing.
- Although Kuwait City's USD7bn metro project has been subject to delays, there are signs of progress, with the independently planned project expected to be completed by 2020. According to deputy transport minister, Mansour al-Bader, the financial allocations have been made for the project and all that remains is for the metro to go to tender. However, we note the tendering process in Kuwait is exposed to intense politically driven scrutiny, so we expect the project to be slow to begin construction.
- The Subiya causeway, officially known as the Sheikh Jaber al-Ahmed al-Sabah bridge, is a 37.5km bridge that will cross Kuwait Bay, linking Kuwait City, the Subiya peninsula and Boubyan Island....
The Kuwait Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Kuwait Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Kuwaiti infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Kuwait to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Kuwaiti infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Kuwaiti infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Kuwait.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
Industry SWOT Analysis
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research