Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kuwait Shipping Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/27/2014 -- What bodes well for Kuwait's container ports is our macroec onomic outlook for the country . H igh oil prices in recent years have translated into increased spending by the Kuwaiti government. This will boost growth at the Gulf state's ports, both through spending on infrastructure projects impacting on total tonnage throughputs and consumer spending boosting imports of containerised goods. However, delays to infrastructure projects could hamper tonnage throughput and a plateauing in oil production has led us to forecast GDP growth of 2.9 % in 201 4 and 2.7% in 2015 . In line with the slowing economic growth , we see a slightly slower pace of growth in container handling playing out at Kuwaiti ports.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 Port of Shuaiba tonnage throughput growth forecast at 13.0% and to average 9.5% to 2018.
- 2014 Port of Shuwaikh container throughput forecast to grow 2.0% and to average 1.8% to 2018.
- 2014 total trade growth forecast to grow 2.4% and to average 1.8% to 2018.
Key Industry Trends
KOTC Takes Delivery Of New Tanker: On July 24 it was reported that the Kuwait Oil Tanker Company (KOTC) had taken delivery of a new product tanker, constructed by the South Korean shipyard Hyundai Heavy Industry. The vessel, christened the Kaifan, has a carrying capacity of 47,000 tonnes and a speed of 15.2 knots.
UASC Completes USD190mn Bilateral Facility: United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) has completed a bilateral facility with Burgan Bank's corporate banking group, according to a statement by the company. The bilateral facility valued at USD190mn will aid UASC in acquiring two ships, capable of operating on conventional fuel and liquefied natural gas, from its newbuilding order from Hyundai Heavy Industries.
Risks To Outlook
Downside risks to our throughput forecasts come in the form of the exposure to oil price volatility and a slowdown in global demand. Despite the broadly healthy picture of...
The Kuwait Shipping Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data and Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasting, critically analysing international transport of dry bulk and containers. The report evaluates the global commodities and trade backdrop, alongside in-depth country-specific analysis of trade prospects. The report also contains company profiles covering leading multinational and national shipping companies and analysis of latest industry news, trends and regulatory developments in Kuwait.
BMI's Kuwait Shipping Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the shipping industry in Kuwait.
- Benchmark BMI's independent shipping industry forecasts for Kuwait to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kuwaiti shipping market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Kuwait through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence and company SWOTS on your competitors and peers including multinational and national companies.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering shipping, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis of the state's shipping sector, which carefully evaluates the short- and medium-term issues facing the industry.
Analysis of the capacity, terminals and planned development of the major ports in each country, including data on throughput and total tonnage.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Major port freight throughput (tonnes/teu); overall freight throughput (teu); total imports (US$bn) and exports (US$bn).
Company profiles include business activities, leading products and services, company strategy, trends and developments and economic performance analysis.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vietnam Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Australia Shipping Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Shipping Report Q4 2014
- China Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Venezuela Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Brazil Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Iran Shipping Report Q4 2014
- United Arab Emirates Shipping Report Q4 2014
- Romania Shipping Report Q4 2014