Fast Market Research recommends "Non-Life Insurance in France, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" from Timetric, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/18/2013 -- Non-life insurance accounted for 24.5% of the French insurance industry's written premium in 2012, making it the second segment in the industry after life insurance segments, which accounted for 65.5% of overall written premiums in 2012. The segment grew in written premium value from EUR43.7 billion (US$64.3 billion) in 2008 to EUR47.5 billion (US$61.1 billion) in 2012, at a review-period CAGR of 2.1%.
- Expansion in the gross written premiums of the French non-life segment is mainly attributed to increased rates for certain lines of business, especially personal lines such as individual motor and property insurance
- Given the high competition and pressure on margins in the domestic industry, French non-life insurers are looking to expand outside the country to diversify risk and attain faster growth
- Property insurance was the largest category in the non-life insurance segment during the review period, and accounted for 49.9% of the segment's written premiums in 2012
- Agencies accounted for the largest share of 34.5% of the industry's total commission in 2012
- The top nine companies together accounted for 92.7% of the total segment's written premiums in 2012
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in France:
- It provides historical values for France's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in France's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in France
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in France for the non-life insurance segment
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in France and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in France and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the French non-life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the French non-life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the non-life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Covea Mutual Insurance Group Company, Groupama SA, Sferen (MACIF, MAIF and MATMUT), Axa France, Allianz France SA, Generali France SA, Groupe Credit Agricole Assurance, BNP Paribas Cardif, Societe Generale Insurance
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in the United Kingdom, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: Despite being the smallest insurance segment in Austria, personal and health registered the fastest growth.
- Non-Life Insurance in Romania, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Argentina, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017