New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Non-Life Insurance in the Netherlands, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/17/2014 -- Due to the impact of the global financial and debt crises, the Dutch non-life segment was largely stagnant during the review period (2008-2012) and fell marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.6%. The segment is highly fragmented and competitive, with 160 insurers supplying a variety of products. The main categories in the segment are property and motor insurance. Non-life products are distributed through a variety of channels, of which direct marketing accounted for the largest share with 35.4% of the total new business written premium in 2012. As economic conditions improve and the property markets stabilize over the forecast period (2012-2017), the segment is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.1%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Dutch non-life segment was largely stagnant during the review period (2008-2012) and fell marginally at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -1.6%
- The Dutch insurance industry is currently following Solvency I standards
- Due to poor growth rates in the property and motor insurance categories, the non-life segment recorded a slight fall during the review period
- Consumer behavior has changed considerably, as customers shop around for lower premiums
- Non-life insurers are now focusing on reducing costs and improving efficiency to generate sufficient profit margins and increase segment share
- The non-life segment is fragmented, with the 10 leading companies accounting for 57.8% of the segment in 2012
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the non-life insurance segment in the Netherlands:
- It provides historical values for the Netherlands's non-life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Netherlands's non-life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for non-life insurance products in the Netherlands.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in the Netherlands for the non-life insurance segment.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in the Netherlands and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top non-life insurance companies in the Netherlands and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Dutch non-life insurance segment and each category within it
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Centrale Zorgverzekeraars Groep, Zilveren Kruis Achmea Zorgverzekeringen NV, VGZ Zorgverzekeraar NV, Menzis Zorgverzekeraar NV, Agis Zorgverzekeringen NV, Achmea Schadeverzekeringen NV, Unive Zorg NV, IZA Zorgverzekeraar NV, Nationale-Nederlanden Schadeverzekering Maatschappij NV, Delta Lloyd Schadeverzekering NV
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017