Fast Market Research recommends "Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/12/2013 -- BMI View: The Philippine telecoms market harbours low-term growth opportunities in light of factors such as the high percentage of prepaid subscribers and comparatively low broadband penetration rate. At present, the overall industry has not been negatively impacted by the acquisition of Digital Telecommunications Philippines by the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company even though several market segments have become a duopoly.
- Globe Telecom's ARPU forecasts have been revised as we changed from using its net ARPU to gross data. We envisage the operator's ARPU to reach PHP148 in 2017.
- Growing affluence coupled with increasing availability of low-cost smart devices will help to push 3G penetration rates up. We forecast the 3G market to account for 14% of the total mobile industry by 2017.
- The fixed-line market is the main underperformer in light of declining demand and a lack of innovations. While we forecast growth in the next few years, we predict the sector to start contracting towards the end of our forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
The National Telecommunications Commission announced in January 2013 that the terms of reference for the 3G auction was being finalised and would be released soon. The auction is likely to be a 'sealed bid' with the regulator setting a minimum price for the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company to recoup its investment. Globe Telecom and San Miguel Corporation have expressed interest in the spectrum block.
Globe Telecom has enhanced its network coverage in Boracay through its network modernisation programme. The technology upgrade was accomplished by deploying a two-kilometre submarine cable system from the mainland. The fibre-optic network will offer 3G and HSPA+ connectivity, according to Globe Telecom. This will allow transmission at higher bandwidths, translating into a highly improvised call quality, SMS delivery and data transmission via 3G connectivity with HSPA+.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Venezuela Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Pakistan Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Indonesia Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-321-1250 (International)