New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/09/2015 -- Relatively low penetration and increasing GDP per capita will give impetus for mobile market growth in the Philippines. BMI believes that mobile growth will average 3.5% over 2015-2018. A new entrant - media conglomerate ABS-CBN Corporation - launched its mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) service under the ABS-CBNmobile brand in December 2013 using the network infrastructure of Globe Telecom. Despite the new competition, BMI believes market dynamics are likely to remain in favour of the incumbents, Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) and Globe Telecom, given their strong brand and unassailable scale, which make it hard for new entrants to compete effectively. A r ise in public Wi-Fi spots is likely to add growth to the broadband services.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Strong mobile subscription growth continued in Q214, reaching a subscription base of 111.9mn, a 2.2% year-on-year growth rate. We now expect a total of 132.034mn mobile subscriptions by the end of our forecast period to 2019.
- The number of fixed-line subscribers could be experiencing a sustained period of contraction due to mobile substitution. We forecast 2.11mn subscribers by 2019, representing a 1.9% penetration rate.
- Despite the mobile market effectively being a duopoly, mobile average revenue per user (ARPU) continues to trend lower. Without a concerted effort to move towards higher revenue-generating products and subscribers, operator ARPU will continue to fall.
Key Trends And Developments
The MVNOs are unlikely to be able to challenge the position of dominant operators PLDT and Globe. Approval of a contentious spectrum-sharing deal between Globe and BayanTel ensures that the mobile market duopoly will persist. Although Globe will be able to compete more effectively with PLDT in the converged services market, we do not expect much price competition moving forward.
Expansion of the free public Wi-Fi network provides upside for sales of consumer...
The Philippines Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Philippines's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Philippines Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Philippines.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Philippines to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Philippine telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Philippines's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Philippines.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMIs key industry forecasts and views, covering the ARPU, fi xed-line, mobile (including 3G & 4G ), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-line Telephony Telephone lines (000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony Mobile phone subscribers (000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; and where available, 3G & 4G subscribers (?000); 3G & 4G subscribers/100 inhabitants; 3G & 4G subscribers as a percentage of overall mobile market.
- Internet Markets Internet users (000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers (?000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015