Recently published research from GlobalData, "Plains Exploration & Production to Acquire a 52% Interest in the Highly Prospective Mazagan Exploration Permit Offshore Morocco from Pura Vida Energy for US$230MM - Deal Analysis from GlobalData", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/02/2013 -- Plains Exploration & Production Company (PXP) has agreed to acquire a 52% working interest in the Mazagan exploration permit in Essaouira Basin, in offshore Morocco, from Pura Vida Energy NL (Pura Vida Energy). The transaction is estimated to be valued at a maximum of approximately US$230MM. Under the terms of the agreement, PXP will make a cash payment of US$15MM to farm-in to Pura Vida Energy's 75% working interest in the Mazagan permit area. PXP will gain a 52% working interest and act as the operator of the permit if it funds 100% of the costs of certain specified exploration activities, which includes a commitment to fund and drill two wells. If agreed, PXP will also carry out other exploration activities, subject to a maximum value of US$215MM.
- Rationale behind Plains Exploration & Production (PXP) acquiring a 52% interest in Mazagan Exploration Permit offshore Morocco from Pura Vida Energy for US$230MM.
- To understand the rational about how the acquisition will help Pura Vida Energy to utilize PXP's offshore exploration and development experience for drilling in Mazagan Permit.
- Geography Covered- Morocco.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reasons to Get This Report
- Develop a sound understanding about how the acquisition will enable PXP's participation in the highly prospective Mazagan permit in offshore Morocco.
- To know more about how the proposed acquisition will allow PXP to expand its operations into Middle East and Africa.
- To have an understanding about PXP's acquisition of 52% interest in the Mazagan permit as the most valued deal for oil exploration in offshore Morocco since 2012.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Total S.A. (FP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDSA) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Tullow Oil plc Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report
- ConocoPhillips (COP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- BP p.l.c. (BP.) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Norwegian Energy Company ASA Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report
- BG Group plc (BG.) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Tullow Oil plc (TLW) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile