Recently published research from Markets and Markets, "Polycarbonate Resin Market by Applications (Automotive, Consumer, Electrical & Electronic, Medical, Optical Media, Packaging & Sheet & Film) & Geography - Trends & Forecasts to 2018", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/19/2014 -- Polycarbonate is a dominant engineering plastic. It also upholds the image of commodity plastics due to the high consumption and its applicability in a varied range of industries. The PC market experiences strong growth that is expected to get robust in the future. This growth is due to its tremendous physical properties that make it an efficient replacement for traditional plastics and other materials.
PC resins market is experiencing huge growth, which is expected to continue in the near future, mainly driven by the highly growing Asia-Pacific region and intense efforts at the customer's end to provide better products. Significant amount of investments are made by various market players in order to be prepared to serve the high potential regions in future. Presently, Asia-Pacific and Western Europe are the largest consumers of PC resins.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The key drivers of the industry are its applicability in electrical & electronic manufacturing and increased use of in automotive applications. Bisphenol A residue in PC packaging is a restraining factor that prevails in the market, which limits the consumption. Increasing penetration in various applications such as medical equipment, auto glazing, blu-ray discs and others, pave way for its consumption in countries with significant potential and low production capabilities. These countries would serve as the upcoming opportunities in the market and value chain.
Asia-Pacific is the largest market for the consumption PC resin. This report estimates the market size of the PC resin market, both in terms of volume and value. The report provides a comprehensive review of important market drivers, challenges, and key issues. The market is further segmented and forecasted for regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (ROW), which include key growth countries, namely the U.S., Germany, China, Japan, and Russia. The share of participants and their strategic initiatives for the overall market is discussed in detail in the report. Top players of the industry are profiled in detail with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities.
Competitive scenario and market shares of the prominent players in the PC market are discussed in detail. We have also profiled leading players of this industry with their recent developments and other strategic initiatives in the industry. These include: Bayer Material Science AG (Germany), SABIC IP (U.S.), Teijin Ltd. (Japan), Styron (U.S.), Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Co. (Japan), Mitsubishi Engineering Plastic (Japan), Formosa Chemical & Fiber Corporation (Taiwan), Idemitsu Kosan Ltd. (Japan) and other market players.
Scope of the report:
This research report categorizes the global market for PC resins on the basis of applications and geography along with forecasting volumes, revenues and analyzing trends in each of the submarkets.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK) Market by Types (Unfilled, Carbon Filled, Glass Filled), Applications (Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Electronics & Electrical, Industrial) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Polyamide Market - Global Trends & Forecasts Up to 2018
- Amino Resin Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Packaging Film Market By Application (Food, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Consumer Product, Industrial & Others) & Type (LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, CPP, BOPP, Polyester, PVC, Polyamide, EVOH, Cellulose, PLA, PVDC, PVOH & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Polyolefins Market By Types (Low, Linear & High Density Polyethylene, Polypropylene And Ethylene Vinyl Acetate), By Applications (Film & Sheet, Injection Molding, Fibers & Tapes, Blow Molding, Others) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Battery Materials Market - By Types (Cathode, Anode, Electrolyte, Separator, Binders, Packaging Material), Applications & Geography - Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Fluoropolymers Market Analysis by Product Types, Applications & Geography - Trends & Global Forecasts (2011 - 2016)
- Advanced Functional Material Market For Low Carbon Applications - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Adhesives & Sealants Market By Chemical Type, By Technology, By Applications (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive, Packaging , Construction, Automotive, Woodwork, & Others) & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Permanent Magnet Market, By Types (NdFeB, Ferrite, SmCo, Alnico), End User Industry (Consumer Electronics, General Industrial, Automotive, Medical Technology, Environment & Energy, Aerospace & Defense, Others) & Geography - Trends & Forecast To 2018