Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/24/2014 -- The port of Constantza is forecast to see growth both in terms of both total tonnage and container throughput in 2014 in line with Romania's continued economic recovery and eurozone's projected return to growth.
Robust exports and a recovery in private consumption will support freight volumes at the country's ports.
Over the medium term, we project further growth at Constantza and the recovery of its pre-downturn total throughput volumes, while container throughput is projected to remain below 2007-2008 levels.
Headline Industry Data
- 2014 port of Constantza tonnage throughput forecast to grow 8%, over the medium term we project a 30% increase.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- 2014 Constantza container throughput forecast to grow 3%, over the medium term we project a 23% increase.
- 2014 total trade growth forecast at 4.75%.
Key Industry Trends
Constantza Master Plan Contract Awarded
Romanian port authority The National Company Maritime Ports Administration SA Constantza awarded 'the contract for elaboration of Constantza Port Master Plan' and signed the 12 months long RON4.05mn contract with the consortium between Ernst & Young SRL and Inros Lackner AG.
Risks To Outlook
The potential for growth at the country's ports stems from BMI's positive outlook on the Romanian economy. Container throughput will be driven by the country's consumers, with consumer demand in Romania forecast to strengthen. The country's real GDP is estimated to increase by 3.1% in 2014.
The main risk to our outlook is for a slower-than-anticipated pickup in private consumption over the coming quarters. With exports booming and accommodative monetary conditions laying the foundations for a pickup in domestic demand, we would be tempted to downgrade our forecasts for Romanian growth if leading and high frequency indicators point towards a more sluggish pickup in domestic demand in the first few months of 2014.
A further risk is the potential for the Romanian labour force to become less competitive....
The Romania Shipping Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data and Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasting, critically analysing international transport of dry bulk and containers. The report evaluates the global commodities and trade backdrop, alongside in-depth country-specific analysis of trade prospects. The report also contains company profiles covering leading multinational and national shipping companies and analysis of latest industry news, trends and regulatory developments in Romania.
BMI's Romania Shipping Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the shipping industry in Romania.
- Benchmark BMI's independent shipping industry forecasts for Romania to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Romanian shipping market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Romania through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence and company SWOTS on your competitors and peers including multinational and national companies.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering shipping, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis of the state's shipping sector, which carefully evaluates the short- and medium-term issues facing the industry.
Analysis of the capacity, terminals and planned development of the major ports in each country, including data on throughput and total tonnage.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and macroeconomic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Major port freight throughput (tonnes/teu); overall freight throughput (teu); total imports (US$bn) and exports (US$bn).
Company profiles include business activities, leading products and services, company strategy, trends and developments and economic performance analysis.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Venezuela Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Oman Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Iran Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Pakistan Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Malaysia Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Shipping Report Q3 2014
- China Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Poland Shipping Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Shipping Report Q3 2014