New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/24/2013 -- Russia is continuing to procure new military equipment and to gradually professionalise its army. One of the most ambitious procurement programmes is occurring in the country's air force, which is purchasing hundreds of new warplanes, special mission aircraft and freighters over the next decade, with this force modernisation expected to conclude by 2020. In addition, the Russian army is planning to replace a wide range of its current armoured vehicle fleet with a family of modular platforms that can be configured according to the missions that they are to perform. Moreover, the navy is acquiring new vessels, although of all of Russia's armed services, the navy seems to have the least ambitious procurement plans in terms of platform acquisition. This is not surprising, it has arguably always been considered a relatively junior service compared to the Russian Army and, to a lesser extent, the Russian Air Force.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
BMI has made a number of changes to its views since the publication of the Q313 report:
- Updates regarding recent contracts and transactions for several Russian defence firms.
- News regarding Russia's complex relationship with the regime of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Defense research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iran Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Brazil Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Australia Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Colombia Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Malaysia Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Spain Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- Turkey Defence & Security Report Q4 2013
- France Defence & Security Report Q3 2013
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management Market, 2013-2018