Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Saudi Arabia Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2015 -- Saturation in key device categories such as smartphones and tablets mean s growth will be subdued in the Saudi consumer electronics market over 2015-2018, with a forecast compound annual growth rate of 1%. Although overall growth prospects are limited, we expect the market to remain highly lucrative to vendors. The mid- to high-end consumer electronics devices market will experience strong value growth during our forecast period to 2018 on the back of rising income, especially for public - sector workers. However, growth in the low end of the market will be constrained by the exit of a considerable number of migrant workers in the last two years under the government's 'Saudization' policy.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: USD2.4bn in both 2014 and 2015, unchanged in year-on-year terms. The desktop and notebook market is forecast to remain stable, but a decline in tablet volumes will limit overall growth.
- AV Sales : USD1.9bn in 2014 to USD2.0bn in 2015, up 0.8%. The latest flat-screen TVs and soundbars will boost market value despite relatively low volumes due to the high price of UHD TVs.
- Han dset Sales: USD6.4bn in 2014 to USD6.4bn in 2015, up 0.1%. Handsets will be the underperforming market segment to 2018 as a result of the saturation of the overall handset and smartphone markets, combined with price erosion in the smartphone segment.
Key Trends And Developments
Both the smartphone and tablet markets in Saudi Arabia are well developed, with high device penetration rates by the end of 2014, estimated at almost 78% and 26% of adults aged 15-plus respectively. This makes the Saudi market lucrative with high spending per capita, but the rapid diffusion of ownership means there are severely diminished first-time buyer opportunities in 2015. Furthermore, with increased competition against Apple and premium Android vendors such as Samsung from low-cost Chinese brands, we also anticipate price...
The Saudi Arabia Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in Saudi Arabia.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Saudi Arabia Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in Saudi Arabia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for Saudi Arabia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Saudi consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Saudi Arabia through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.
Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Egypt Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2015
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2015
- Poland Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2015