New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/30/2014 -- High levels of unemployment (forecast at 23.5% for 2014) and government plans to cut public sector jobs and wages will likely begin to impact households from H214 onwards. This will weigh on overall consumer sentiment, given that the public sector workforce comprises one fifth of the total workforce. In line with the poor consumer outlook, we forecast 2014 total food consumption in Serbia to expand by 1.6% in local currency terms.
Headline Industry Data (local currency):
- Total food consumption growth year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2014: +1.6%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +2.3%
- Alcoholic drinks sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +1.6%; (CAGR) to 2018: +2.4%
- Soft drinks sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +5.8%; CAGR to 2018: +10.3%
- Total mass grocery sales (local currency) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +4.3%; CAGR to 2018: +6.3%
Key Industry Trends And Developments
Du Pont subsidiary Pioneer Hi-Bred announced in July 2014 that it has set up a seed production research facility in Stara Pazova, which it will operate in partnership with Delta Agrar. Pioneer Hi-Bred has been established in Serbia since 1996 and has worked closely with Delta Agrar since 2001. The partnership has produced over 70,000 tons of seed corn, of which more than 40% was for the export market. The partnership is estimated to have a 28% market share in the Serbian corn hybrids market and an 11% share of the country's sunflower hybrids market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Construction started in April 2014 of a new production and storage facility in northern Serbia, for the German food producer Dr. Oetker. The facility, which is expected to be completed by October 2015, will have a production capacity of 6,000 tonnes and represents a EUR9.5mn (USD12.5mn) by the company. The new site is located in the village of Simanovci and will also be the new headquarters for Dr. Oetker's Serbian operations. The new plant will significantly increase the company's national production capability and will present new...
The Serbia Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Serbia Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Serbia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Serbia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Serbian food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Serbia through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Turkey Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Singapore Food & Drink Report Q4 2014