New Transportation research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/07/2014 -- BMI forecasts a 3.4% increase in total vehicle sales in 2013. This comes from an expected 3% increase in the passenger car segment and 6.4% rise in commercial vehicle (CV) sales. BMI believes that the passenger car market surge over the year to date comes on the back of low base effects from 2012, the recent announcement of the extension of the vehicle scrappage scheme buoying sentiment, and pent-up demand from sustained declines.
We believe that this market surge may be the result of consumers bringing forward their purchase decisions on the back of buoyed market sentiment, and we may see lower sales volumes in the coming months as a result. We expect to see 3% sales growth in 2013.
Despite this bullish forecast, BMI maintains a bearish outlook on the country's consumer story. We believe that high unemployment, weak bank lending, and low wage growth will ensure that disposable incomes remain low for the foreseeable future, weighing on consumer spending. This served to temper vehicle demand earlier in the year, but recent dynamics have buoyed demand.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
BMI forecasts a 5% increase in vehicle production in Spain in 2013. This comes on the back of an expected 6% increase in passenger car output and a 1.1% uptick in the CV segment.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Autos Report Q1 2014
- Thailand Autos Report Q1 2014
- Serbia Autos Report Q1 2014
- Algeria Autos Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Autos Report Q1 2014
- Italy Autos Report Q1 2014
- China Autos Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Autos Report Q1 2014
- Australia Autos Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Autos Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)