New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/22/2013 -- BMI View: The Spanish market is highly developed from a global and regional perspective, with deep penetration of mobile, fixed-line and broadband services as well as high investment levels in nextgeneration services. However, in 2012 Spain was one of the worst performing telecoms markets globally, with large losses in the mobile market in terms of subscriptions, as well as a squeeze on revenues from market saturation, regulatory measures and the hostile economic environment. The outlook for the sector in the coming years is mixed, with growth potential remaining in the wireless data market and in high-speed broadband, particularly when bundled with pay-TV services. However, the market will continue to be affected by economic conditions, with rising consumer price sensitivity set to limit financial performance in the sector in the short to medium term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market contracted by 9% y-o-y in 2012, reaching 51.421mn. This was the result of the squeeze on consumer spending and inactive subscription discounting by market leader Movistar and second-ranked Vodafone.
- Mobile ARPU continued to decline as a result of the heightened price sensitivity of consumers and the implementation of mobile termination rate cuts.
- Dedicated mobile broadband subscriptions saw the largest declines, according to CMT data, down 24.4% in 2012 to 2.563mn.
Key Trends And Developments
Mobile operators have been looking at drastic measures in order to respond to the hostile conditions in the mobile market in 2012. Telefonica saw some success with the introduction of the Movistar Fusion bundle in which reportedly attracted 1mn subscriptions from October 1 to mid December 2012. The quad-play bundle of mobile, fixed-line, broadband and pay-TV services has seen Telefonica compromise on price in order to stem subscription losses, with Morgan Stanley estimating the bundle, which starts at EUR49 a month for quad-play, offers consumers a 23% saving.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q3 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- India Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Taiwan Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- China Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Venezuela Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q2 2013
- Pakistan Telecommunications Report Q2 2013