Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2014 -- In 2013, Czech consumers showed more interest in herbal tea, black specialty tea and functional tea whilst remaining enthusiastic about fruit tea and flavoured green tea. Czech consumers look for interesting fruit/herbal tea flavour combinations and they purchase more tea with health and wellness benefits. Interest in health and wellness tea is developing in line with the general health and wellness trend in the Czech Republic. Innovations in 2013 reflect the mentioned key tastes of Czech consumers. For example, Sara Lee Czech Republic extended the range Pickwick Delicious with new interesting flavours of Hot Raspberry and Fruit Punch. Tata Global Beverages Czech Republic launched Jemca Ginger with orange and tangerine and Jemca Green tea with strawberry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Two leading companies continue to compete for the top position in the field with tea during 2013. Sara Lee Czech Republic succeeded in keeping the first position, accounting for a value share of 15% in 2013, followed by Tata Global Beverages Czech Republic with 14%. Other important players are Teekanne and Mokate Czech both with 10%, and finally Unilever CR with 9%. The strongest domestic operators in terms of value share in 2013 were Leros (6%), Mediate (3%), Megafyt Pharma (below 2%) and Oxalis (2%).
Tea has not been saturated in the Czech Republic and there is potential for further development. Tea consumption is set to grow at a moderate pace due to two remaining factors: the fact that tea culture has no deep-seated tradition in the country, and the fact that locals drink tea mostly in the morning and during the winter months. Retail consumption of tea is projected to rise at a CAGR of 1% over the forecast period to reach nearly 4,200 tonnes in 2018.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Tea industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Tea industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Tea in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Hot Tea Market in Czech Republic: Market Profile to 2017
- The Future of the Hot Drinks Market in Czech Republic to 2017
- Hot Tea Market in Czech Republic to 2017
- Soft Drinks Market in Central African Republic: Databook to 2017
- Soft Drinks Market in Dominican Republic: Databook to 2017
- Tea in Dominican Republic
- Hot Tea Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Tea Drinks Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Global Iced/RTD Tea Drinks Report 2013
- RTD Tea in the Czech Republic