Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/11/2014 -- Thermoplastic Polyurethane Market by End-Industry (Automotive, Building & Construction, Engineering, Footwear, Hose & Tube, Medical, and Wire & Cable) & Geography - Trends & Forecasts to 2018
Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) is one of the most preferred engineering plastics by the end-user industries. TPU is preferred mainly due to its properties such as elasticity, transparency, and resistance to oil & grease and abrasion. The TPU market is experiencing strong growth and is expected to continue to rise in the future. This growth is due to its excellent physical properties that make it an efficient replacement for traditional plastics and other materials.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
TPU market is experiencing huge growth that is expected to continue in the near future, mainly driven by the highly growing Asia-Pacific region and intense efforts at the customer's end to provide better products. Significant amount of investments are made by various market players in order to be prepared to serve the high potential regions in the future. Presently, Asia-Pacific and Western Europe are the largest consumers of TPU.
Currently, the global penetration of TPU is increasing in footwear, automobiles, and medical industry at a very high pace. The key drivers of the industry are its increased application and popularity in automobile industry and scope of developments in footwear industry. Price volatility in product portfolio offered by the market leader is a restraining factor that prevails in this market. Increase in its applications in the medical industry, as a replacement of PVC is also pushing the demand of TPU in the medical industry. Interiors, exteriors, and under the hood applications in automobile industry, pave way for its consumption in countries with significant potential and low production capabilities.
The Asia-Pacific region is the largest market for the consumption of TPU owing to several developing economies in this region. This report estimates the size of the TPU market, both in terms of volume and value. The report provides a comprehensive review of important market drivers, challenges, and key issues. The market is further segmented and forecasted for regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (ROW), which include key growth countries, namely, the U.S., Germany, China, Japan, and Russia. The share of participants and their strategic initiatives for the overall market is discussed in detail in the report. Top players of the industry are profiled in detail with their recent developments and other strategic industry activities.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Thermoplastic Elastomers Market By Types (SBC, TPO, TPV, TPU, COPE, PEBA), Applications & Geography - Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Polyurethane (PU) Foams Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Hot Melt Adhesives Market by Products (EVA, Styrenic Block, Polyolefin, Polyurethane, & Others), By Applications (Packaging, Non-Woven, Pressure Sensitive, Construction, Bookbinding, & Others), by Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Cold Insulation Market By Types (Fiber Glass, Polyurethane Foam, Polystyrene Foam, Phenolic Foam & Others) & Application (HVAC, Refrigeration, Oil & Gas, Chemicals & Others) Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars, By Type (Polypropylene, Polyurethane, HDPE, ABS, Polycarbonate & Composites), Application (Interior, Exterior & Under Bonnet) & Geography- Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Emulsion Polymers Market by Type (Acrylic, Vinyl, SB Latex, Polyurethane Dispersion & Others), Application (Paints & Coatings, Paper & Paperboard, Adhesives & Sealants & Others) & Geography - Global Trends and Forecasts to 2018
- Adhesives & Sealants Market By Chemical Type, By Technology, By Applications (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive, Packaging , Construction, Automotive, Woodwork, & Others) & By Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK) Market by Types (Unfilled, Carbon Filled, Glass Filled), Applications (Automotive, Aerospace, Medical, Electronics & Electrical, Industrial) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Green Polyol & Bio Polyol Market by Type (Polyester & Polyether), Application (Rigid/flexible PU Foam, Coating, Adhesive & Sealant), End-user (Construction, Transportation, Packaging, Furniture & Carpet) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts 2018