New Transportation research report from Euromonitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/23/2014 -- Transportation grew by 8% in value in 2013 to reach A$27 billion, up slightly from the value growth experienced in 2012. Most of this growth came from scheduled airlines, which grew 7%, fuelled by strong growth in both inbound and outbound travel, as well as domestic travel. With all three forms of travel delivering solid growth, and with an expansion of capacity keeping airfares down, growth in air travel was virtually assured. This was sadly not the case in relation to profitability.
Whilst outbound travel is expected to weaken over the forecast period, both inbound travel and domestic travel are expected to remain strong, resulting in a value CAGR of 5% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. Much of this growth will come from air travel, which will also experience a value CAGR of 5%, with the number of passengers also gaining at a CAGR of 5%, most of which will come from low cost carriers. The low cost carrier category in Southeast Asia is expanding rapidly with several airlines - AirAsia X and Scoot for example - expanding into Australia, with a strong likelihood of Indonesia's Lion Air entering the market over the forecast period. Additional entries into the Australian market are likely, further driving the growth of low cost carriers in Australia, whilst existing low cost carriers continue their own expansions. AirAsia X for example has identified Australia as its highest-priority market, planning to fly to and from Australia from a new hub in Bali.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Transportation industry in Australia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Transportation industry in Australia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Transportation in Australia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Transportation in Australia?
- What are the major brands in Australia?
- Is there a move from schedule to low cost carriers?
- Is there a shift away from air to rail?
- How well is capacity aligned with utilisation?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global GIS Market in the Transportation Industry 2014-2018
- Transportation Systems and Analytics Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Rail Freight Transportation Market in Europe 2014-2018
- Transportation in Hungary
- Transportation in Denmark
- Transportation in Peru
- Transportation in Saudi Arabia
- Transportation in the Czech Republic
- Transportation in Chile
- Transportation Management Market - Global Advancements, Forecasts and Analysis (2014-2019)