Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/31/2014 -- Total calculated current value growth of 4% in 2013 was better than 2012's transportation performance but weaker compared with the growth rates of 8% in 2010 and 2011. Yet, the 4% growth rate in 2013 showed that transportation in Denmark has overcome the crisis of 2009. In value sales terms, the category has fully recovered, and sales have even exceeded the total value sales of 2008, pre-crisis. Growth in domestic tourism and inbound tourism pushed demand for means of transportation up and the category increased in 2013. The inbound tourism growth rate was limited by the German market declining in its number of trips. However, this had almost no impact on transportation since many German tourists come to Denmark with their private vehicles and thus do not purchase transportation services during their trip.
Transportation is set to grow by 3% in constant value terms over the forecast period. While other transportation will remain relatively stable, air will be the source of growth in the category with a 7% rise expected in the number of passengers in 2013-2018. More precisely, the leisure segment within air will continue to be the main growth driver in the transportation category. The cruise category is set to grow healthily as well, by 8% in constant value terms, over the forecast period. Supported by the increasing trend for self-pampering, and the promotion of tour operators, cruises are becoming a popular way of spending holidays for Danes.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Transportation industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Transportation industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Transportation in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as
- What is the market size of Transportation in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- Is there a move from schedule to low cost carriers?
- Is there a shift away from air to rail?
- How well is capacity aligned with utilisation?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Transportation by Category, Transportation by Channel.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports
- Transportation Systems and Analytics Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Transportation in Hungary
- Transportation in the Czech Republic
- Transportation Management Market - Global Advancements, Forecasts and Analysis (2014-2019)
- Transportation in Sweden
- Transportation in Canada
- Transportation in Hong Kong, China
- Transportation in Ecuador
- Transportation in Russia
- Transportation in Finland