New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Turkey Telecommunications Report Q1 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/23/2013 -- The Turkish telecommunications market holds up well relative to its regional peers and a surprise uptick in fixed voice connections complemented further steady growth in fixed and mobile broadband connections, as well as pay-TV accounts, in Q213. The mobile voice market is somewhat troublesome, however, as IP voice and messaging substitution begins to take hold. The largest operators -Turk Telekom and Turkcell - are responding with an increased emphasis on fixed-mobile service bundles, with TV central to those offerings. This could put Vodafone at a disadvantage, as it has yet to develop its own pay-TV service for its fledgling fixed broadband business. Broadband video aside, the main catalysts for change in the Turkish market continues to be the arrival of MVNOs and roll-out of mobile number portability.
- Monthly blended ARPU grew appreciably in Q213, countering the effects of negative growth in Q113. Increased voice usage - possibly linked to civil unrest in the country during the quarter - and the deactivation of large numbers of inactive non revenue-generating subscriptions could be behind this growth. Falling income from voice services, the rise of non operator-billed third party messaging applications and termination rate reductions, coupled with the elimination of inactive subscriptions are still expected to force ARPUs downward in the years ahead, however. - - Smartphone ownership continued to grow as Turkcell and Vodafone reported that 25% of their respective subscription bases were smartphone users at the end of June 2013, while Avea claims smartphone penetration of 28%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends And Developments
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q1 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2014