New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/04/2014 -- The Turkish telecommunications market is a relative outperformer compared with its regional peer s, however there is downside arising from the interference of the government with bans on both Twitter and YouTube in early 2014 in response to political criticism. Despite this challenge the market remains in good health with strong growth in fixed and mobile broadband subscriptions, as well as pay-TV subscriptions in 2013. The mobile market is more volatile, with IP voice and messaging substitution beginning to take hold and putting pressure on revenues. The largest operators - Turk Telekom and Turkcell - are responding with an increased emphasis on fixed-mobile service bundles, with TV central to those offerings. This could put Vodafone at a disadvantage, as it has yet to develop its own pay-TV service for its fledgling fixed broadband business. Broadband video aside, the main catalysts for change in the Turkish market continue to be the arrival of MVNOs and roll out of mobile number portability.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- There was a major revision to the 3G forecast in the Q3 update as we utilise newly available active 3G subscription data from ICTA. The latest data still show strong growth - with active 3G subscriptions increasing 119% in 2013 to 22.472mn.
- Smartphone ownership continues to grow in Turkey, underpinned by mid-range Android handsets. Turkcell reported that 30% of its subscription base used smartphones in Q114, compared to 34% at Vodafone and 42% at Avea.
- SMS IP substitution has been a negative consequence of the smartphone boom, offsetting some of the gains from mobile data revenue growth. BMI calculates from ICTA and operator data that SMS sent per subscription per month declined by more than 12% in 2013.
Key Trends And Developments
The government of Turkey introduced downside to the otherwise positive outlook for Turkey's telecoms markets in 2014 with the ban of both Twitter and YouTube in an attempt to silence criticism....
The Turkey Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Turkey's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Turkey Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Turkey.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Turkey to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Turkish telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Turkey's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Turkey.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Ratings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Chile Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Hungary Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q4 2014