New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/03/2014 -- The change s in market dynamics in Uganda's mobile sector, with market consolidation and the entry of new players, will boost competition and attract much needed capital into the sector. This will drive subscriptions growth in the short term through competitive pricing and network expansion to underserved areas. That said, we retain our view that rolling out high value services will remain the main objective of the country's major players as they aim to create new revenue streams and offset the impact of declining growth from traditional services.
Market ARPU in Uganda has been below USD4 since 2011, dragging on operators' revenue and profit growth, thus limiting their ability to reinvest in network upgrades and expansion. BMI believes consolidation would help mitigate further price erosion in the market and enable larger operators to reach greater operational efficiencies and scale in the maintenance and expansion of their networks.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market grew by 3.3% q-o-q and 17.4% y-o-y in Q214.
- ARPUs estimated to have risen marginally in 2013, but remain very low, at UGX7,731 (USD3.10).
- Fixed-line subscriptions fell sharply in 2013 following a contraction of 36.5%.
Uganda dropped one place to 15th position in BMI's latest RRR table, although its aggregate score remained unchanged at 41.2 out of 100. Uganda continues to outperform many of its peers in the country risks category, which reflects a positive real private consumption growth outlook during our five-year forecast period to 2018. Uganda also scored above average in the Industry Rewards category, as a penetration rate below 60% means its mobile market is likely to continue rapid growth throughout the whole of our forecast period.
Key Trends And Developments:
The establishment of new points of presence (POP) in Uganda by submarine cable companies and their partners bodes well for the development of the broadband sector. In September 2014, submarine...
The Uganda Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Uganda's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Uganda Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Uganda.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Uganda to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Ugandan telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Uganda's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Uganda.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis:
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings:
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario:
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q4 2014