Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United Kingdom Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/05/2013 -- We continue to believe that increased commercial potential for private insurance companies is being created through the National Health Service (NHS). Our view is supported by developments such as the replacement in April 2013 of 152 Primary Care Trusts (PCTs) with 211 GP-led Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). The latter are taking responsibility from the former for the commissioning of the majority of care, including the running of a collection of hospital, mental health and community services. CCGs have the freedom to commission services for their local community from any service provider which meets NHS standards and costs, including NHS hospitals, social enterprises, voluntary organisations or private sector providers.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals: GBP23.74bn (US$37.85bn) in 2012 to GBP23.42bn (US$36.07bn) in 2013;-1.3% in local currency terms and -4.7% in US dollar terms. Local currency forecast unchanged from Q213.
- Healthcare: GBP144.47bn (US$230.33bn) in 2012 to GBP147.64bn (US$227.36bn) in 2013; +2.2% in local currency terms and -1.3% in US dollar terms. Local currency forecast unchanged from Q213.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: Its Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score in Q313 now ranks the UK top out of the ten key markets in Western Europe. One of the tool's components has been adjusted to better reflect longer-term pharmaceutical market opportunities, with the UK's ascent from second position supported by the highest Reward score regionally and one of the best Risk showings. While the uptake of generic drugs will become swifter following patent expirations, we are optimistic that the UK's pharmaceutical market will remain one of the most attractive globally.
Key Trends And Developments
- In May 2013, a research programme known as Mainstreaming Cancer Genetics, aimed at improving access to gene testing for cancer patients, was launched in the UK. The research programme, financed to the tune of GBP2.7mn (US$4mn) by the Wellcome Trust medical charity, will involve the country's Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), US-based healthcare company Illumina, geneticists and cancer doctors. The project will make use of Illumina's new test - TruSight - which is capable of analysing 97 cancer predisposition genes in a few weeks for a few hundred pounds, said Nazneen Rahman, the head of genetics at the ICR.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- United States Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- United Kingdom Healthcare IT Market Outlook to 2018 - Clinical IT Systems and Medical Imaging Information Systems
- Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Jordan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- United Kingdom Diagnostic Imaging Market Outlook to 2018 - Ultrasound Systems, MRI Systems, Computed Tomography Systems, Nuclear Imaging Equipment, X-Ray Systems, Mammography Equipment and Others
- Nigeria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2013
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2013