Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "United Kingdom Telecommunications Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/28/2015 -- Although the UK mobile market lags behind some of its regional peers in terms of mobile penetration, BMI does not believe there's much scope for further growth. The maturity the UK market has diminished opportunities for organic subscription growth, and operator strategies reflect this by increasingly focusing on value generation from high value postp aid subscriptions focussing on LTE, as well as VAS such as mobile advertising and payments. Meanwhile, in the fixed broadband sector, operators continue to target the converged services market through the provision of triple- and quad-play packages.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Based on operator data, the UK mobile market reached a total of 77.593mn mobiles subscriptions at the end of June 2014, up by 1% y-o-y. Regulator data shows 83.84mn subscribers at the end of June 2014.Smartphone penetration has continued to rise, with operator data showing it reached around 55% by the end of 2013, creating opportunities for operators to market VAS.
- The residential and small business fixed broadband market climbed by 4.3% in 2013, to 22.6mn subscriptions, with a bias towards higher speed technologies such as cable and fibre, according to data from the telecoms regulator Ofcom.
Key Trends And Developments
The refinement of operator LTE strategies was again the dominant theme in the UK telecoms market in the past quarter. The most notable developments were from the smallest operator Three, which signed a deal with LTE-first mover Everything Everywhere (EE) to share LTE network infrastructure. The deal, worth GBP1bn, was signed in February 2014 and is passive, meaning the companies will share mast infrastructure and backhaul transmission, but antennas and base stations are company-owned and maintained. This will allow the two companies to maintain differentiated services. Operators are competing with each other to broaden the reach of their services as LTE uptake outperforms expectations, with EE reported 2mn LTE...
The United Kingdom Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of United Kingdom's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's United Kingdom Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in United Kingdom.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for United Kingdom to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the British telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in United Kingdom's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in United Kingdom.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- United States Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
- United Kingdom Agribusiness Report Q1 2015
- United Kingdom Business Forecast Report Q1 2015
- United Kingdom Information Technology Report Q1 2015