New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/27/2014 -- Vietnam's IT market is a regional outperformer and we expect strong growth to continue over the medium term. We forecast IT spending will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.1% to 2017, driven by rising incomes, enterprise modernisation and the policy environment put in place by the government. Significant opportunities remain in the retail market due to relatively low penetration of devices and services, which vendors will be able to tap as incomes rise. The government is also a significant factor underpinning our bright outlook as it pursues a range of ICT initiatives and allocates funding to develop Vietnam's domestic IT industry. These policies include the promotion of Vietnam as an outsourcing destination, with the services segment expected to expand rapidly. There is also increasing momentum towards Vietnam becoming a global centre for electronics production as wages rise in China and manufacturers look to protect margins by moving to Vietnam, where wages are as little as a third of those in China.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: VND44,389bn in 2013 to VND68,935bn in 2017, CAGR of +12.5% in local currency terms. Low penetration of devices and rising incomes will support strong sales growth, although access to credit continues to be a bottleneck despite partnerships between some retailers and banks.
- Software Sales: VND5,610bn in 2013 to VND10,378bn in 2017, CAGR of +17.5% in local currency terms. Piracy continues to be a drag on the market, but there are large opportunities in business software and security solutions for vendors willing to accept narrow margins in a price sensitive market.
- IT Services Sales: VND12,083bn in 2013 to VND22,812bn in 2017, CAGR of +18.2% in local currency terms. Services expected to be the outperforming segment of the IT market as demand grows in several verticals, including banking, telecoms, energy and government. Additionally, there is a potential boom in outsourcing from Japanese enterprises to drive outperformance of services segment.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Sweden Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q1 2014