Fast Market Research recommends "2020 Foresight Report: Reinsurance Hubs" from Timetric, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/28/2013 -- Growing uncertainties in the global economy and the increasing occurrence of natural disasters have increased the importance of reinsurance. Insurers are, as a result, actively seeking the benefits of reinsurance to maintain profitability and optimization of returns per unit of risk undertaken. To capitalize on this, reinsurers are expanding their product portfolios and reinsurance businesses globally. Reinsurers operating through hubs generate most of their revenues from offshore markets, with the domestic reinsurance markets in hubs such as Singapore, Bermuda, Switzerland and Hong Kong being very small. Singaporean reinsurers generate more than 90% of their revenues from overseas markets such as Japan, China and South Korea. Most reinsurers set up offices in reinsurance hubs due to favorable regulatory and tax structures, and also to gain access to neighboring markets. While reinsurers operating from Bermuda cater to demand from North and Latin America, reinsurers from Switzerland and Singapore serve European and Asia-Pacific markets. However, reinsurers based in the world's largest reinsurance market, the US, primarily focus on domestic business.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Reinsurance hubs are becoming preferred locations for international reinsurers to operate in both domestic and offshore markets. Favorable regulatory frameworks, improved tax environments, well-developed infrastructure and the availability of skilled workforces are key factors which support the inflow of foreign reinsurers to these hubs. The US remained the world's largest reinsurance market. However, the reinsurance industry in Europe contributes a large proportion of the global gross written premium, with the UK, France and Germany being the key reinsurance markets in the region. Further, natural disasters proved to be a challenging factor for the Asia-Pacific insurance industry, shifting global attention on risk assessment and management to that region.
- Growth in the main direct insurance segments of life, non-life and personal accident and health insurance is expected to fuel the growth of reinsurance, as direct insurers cede proportions of their written premiums.
- The frequent occurrence of natural disasters across the world has impacted the profitability of reinsurers. Several major catastrophes resulted in substantial losses and an exceptionally high number of fatalities across all the key markets during the review period.
- The global financial crisis, sovereign debt crisis and economic uncertainties have resulted in the introduction of stringent regulatory regimes for the effective regulation and management of the financial services sector. New regulatory standards, including risk-based solvency and capital requirements, were introduced in many countries' insurance and reinsurance industries. The implementation of Solvency II is expected to lead to significant growth in the reinsurance industry as a result.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Swiss Re, OdysseyRe, PartnerRe, Validus Holdings Ltd, Lloyd's, Amlin Plc, Munich Re, Hannover Re, Scor SE, Taiping Reinsurance Company Ltd, Everest Re
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Wind Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Market - Global Market Size, Share by Component, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Wind Tower - Global Market Size, Market Segmentation, Competitive landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Wind Turbine Rotor Blades - Global Market Size, Market Segmentation, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Backsheet in Asia-Pacific - Market Size, Average Price, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Type 2 Diabetes - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis to 2020
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV), 2012 - Global Market Size, Market Share, Average Price, Regulations and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics - Global Drug Forecasts and Treatment Analysis 2020
- Biofuels (Biodiesel and Bioethanol) Market - Global Production, Regulations, Export-Import Analysis and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Backsheet in Europe - Market Size, Average Price, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2020
- Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) Market - Global Market Size, Price Analysis, Regulations and Key Countries Analysis to 2020