Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/19/2014 -- Animal Antimicrobials and Antibiotics Market by Products (Tetracyclines, Penicillins, Sulfonamides, Aminoglycosides), Animals (Dog, Poultry, Swine), Mode Of Delivery (Premixes, Oral Powders and Solutions, Injections) - Global Forecasts to 2018
Antimicrobials and antibiotics form a major share of the animal health market. Animal antimicrobials gained a greater importance in the animal health industry in the past 20 years, mainly due to growing need to preserve the health and welfare of animals. Most of the antimicrobial agents were also used as growth promoters as well. With this, the animal antimicrobials market witnessed a bullish growth from 1990's to 2006.
However, gradually, there were growing concerns about emergence of antibiotic-resistant bacteria which led to worldwide initiatives to minimize the use of antimicrobial agents as a growth promoter in food-producing animals. In Europe, in 2006, a complete ban was imposed on use of antimicrobial agents in food-producing animals, which brought a huge setback to the growing market for antimicrobial and antibiotics in Europe.
At present, the global antimicrobials and antibiotics market is driven by the growing need to preserve animal health owing to rising demand for animal proteins across the globe, and growing demand in the companion animals segment. Growing livestock population, increasing incidences of disease outbreaks and increase in the companion animal ownership are some of the factors driving the growth of this market to a certain extent. Besides the structural market drivers, there are strong geographic drivers for the growth of the animal antimicrobials and antibiotics market. The emerging markets are becoming increasingly attractive. The Asian and Latin American region form one of the most promising animal antimicrobials and antibiotics markets in the world. Developing countries such as China and India have a relatively high CAGR rate and are expected to witness significant market growth in the forecast period. The growth in these regions is mainly attributed to the rise in demand for animal protein products, along with an increase in the trend of companion animal ownership in these regions.
Today, the animal antimicrobials and antibiotics market showcase a sluggish growth, owing to the regulatory authorities restricting their use, increased usage of in-feed enzymes, competitive exclusion products and probiotics as an alternative to antibiotics and prophylactic use of antibiotics being replaced by good husbandry, environment and hygienic practices.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Animal/Veterinary Vaccines Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Animal Parasiticides Market - Global Forecast to 2018
- Genomics Market by Products - [Instruments (NGS platform, Microarray, RT-PCR), Consumables (Genechips, Reagents for DNA Extraction & Purification, Sequencing)], Services (Sequencing & Microarray Services, and Software) - Global Forecast to 2018
- Biomarkers Market - Global Trends & Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
- Aqua Feed Market By End Consumption (Fish, Crustaceans, Mollusks, Others), By Additives, (Antibiotics, Vitamins, Antioxidants, Amino Acids, Feed Enzymes, Feed Acidifiers, Others), By Geography: Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Feed Enzyme Market By Type (Phytase, Protease & NSP), Sub-Type (Xylanase, Cellulase, Pectinase, a-glucanase & Mannase), & Application (Swine, Poultry, Ruminant, Aqua Feed & Others)-Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Animal Feed Additives Market - Trends & Forecasts (2011 - 2018)
- Propionic Acid & Derivatives Market By Applications (Animal Feed & Grain Preservatives, Food Preservatives, Herbicides, Cellulose Acetate Propionate) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Pet Food Ingredients Market - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Poultry Feed Market - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018