Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/06/2012 -- GBI Research, the leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest report, "Antibacterials Market to 2017 - Innovative Anti-Infectives that Target MDR Gram-Negative Pathogens Offer Significant Revenue Potential", which provides key data, information and analysis for the global antibacterials market (covering tuberculosis, pneumonia, urinary tract infections, atypical bronchitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis and otitis media in the US, the top five countries in Europe and Japan).
This report offers a comprehensive insight into antibacterial market based on the seven indications covered. It provides a disease overview for each indication, market forecasting, drivers and barriers, key marketed products, pipeline information and deals information for each disease in the top seven markets, as well as profiles for the main companies operating in the market.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report is based on proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts to provide a comprehensive view of the antibacterials market.
The market is large and established, but still seeing good growth despite this due to the increasing problem of nosocomial infection and the increasing incidence of some bacterial diseases in the developed world. Despite several patent expiries, including of Levaquin, one of the highest selling antibacterials, growth will continue over the forecast period. Antibacterial stewardship programs for general practitioners and hospitals, aimed at countering the development of resistance in bacteria, will not significantly slow revenues in the forecast period. While the development of new antibacterials is not currently a hugely dynamic area, targeting multi-drug resistant TB and other indications will require innovative solutions in the future.
The antibacterials market is expected to reach $12.7 billion in 2017, growing from $11.3 billion in 2010 at a CAGR of 1.7%. The market is well served currently and patent expiries are slowing the overall growth. However, despite this saturation, hospital-acquired infections are providing an impetus to development.
- Overview of the global market for antibacterials.
- Breakdown of the market by region.
- Market analysis for each indication - including disease overviews, market forecasting, annual cost of therapy, treatment usage patterns, key marketed products and drivers and barriers.
- Comprehensive pipeline analysis by indications across all phases of development.
- Company profiles including SWOT analysis for major companies operating in the market.
- Key deals in the antibacterials space.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Pfizer, Sanofi, Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Cubist, Daiichi Sankyo, Tetraphase, Johnson and Johnson
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Veterinary Vaccines Market to 2017 - Europe to Strengthen Its Position as the Single Largest Market for Animal Vaccines Due To Highly Organized Livestock Farms
- Emerging Cancer Vaccines Market to 2017 - Novel, First-In-Class Vaccines in Phase II and Phase III Pipeline to Shape the Future Cancer Vaccines Market
- Epigenetics Therapeutics to 2017 - High Market Potential for Epigenetics Drugs in Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma and Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma
- Neurology Devices Market to 2017 - High Potential for Usage of Neurostimulation Devices in Multiple Neurological Disorders to Drive Market Growth
- Monoclonal Antibodies Market to 2017 - Multiple Indication Approvals and the Potential for MAbs in Oncology and Autoimmune Diseases are Re-Shaping the Market
- Diabetes Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Better Glycemic Control and Reduced Potential Risk of Hypoglycemia to Increase the Market Share of DPP-IV Inhibitors and GLP-1 Agonists
- Immunomodulators Market to 2017 - Immunosuppressant Antibodies to Replace Antimetabolites as the Highest Value Sector by 2017
- Central Nervous System Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Multiple Sclerosis, Major Depressive Disorder and Schizophrenia Accounted for Half the Market Value in 2010
- Pediatric Vaccines Market to 2017- Strategic Focus on Partnering as Licensing and Co-Development Accounted for 69% of Deal-Making Activity from 2004-2011
- Men's Health Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Availability of Generic Sildenafil from 2012 to Restrain Market Growth