Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/09/2014 -- Economy and medium-priced options remained the most popular in apparel and footwear specialist retailers in Russia during 2013. Towards the end of the review period, the companies involved in apparel and footwear specialist retailers were not only faced with the pessimistic general mood of Russian consumers, but also with the complicated situation with regards to the autumn and winter season. The temperatures recorded over much of Russia during November 2013 almost broke records as temperatures remained above zero until early December. This led to a delay in strong demand for winter clothes and footwear. Due to the low interest of the majority of Russian customers in purchasing apparel and footwear, many of the country's apparel and footwear specialist retailers were forced to stimulate sales through discount sales and promotional pricing schemes. Seasonal discounts were offered by numerous retailers at an earlier point during the year, with many of these discounts lasting much longer than they would have in other years. Discount sales normally start at the beginning of the season or in the middle of the season, with new collections often launched at low prices. Domestic players operating in apparel and footwear specialist retailers often focused on increasing the quality of the products they offer, especially apparel and footwear designed for winter weather, without increasing their prices. More natural textiles and materials for clothing and footwear are constantly appearing in Russia and these are generally highly appreciated by consumers. This continues to encourage Russian consumers to spend money on apparel and footwear, resulting in the channel registering 18% value growth during 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Clothing and Footwear Specialist Retailers industry in Russia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Clothing and Footwear Specialist Retailers industry in Russia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Clothing and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Russia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Clothing and Footwear Specialist Retailers channel in Russia?
- Who are the leading retailers in Russia?
- How are clothing and footwear specialists competing against the grocers?
- How is the internet affecting clothing and footwear specialists?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in Taiwan
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Taiwan
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Poland
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Poland
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Turkey
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in the United Kingdom
- Retailing in Turkey
- Retailing in the United Kingdom