Recently published research from GBI Research, "Arthritis Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Novel Oral JAK Inhibitors and Biologic Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARD) Will Drive Continued Growth Across Key Indications", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/23/2012 -- GBI Research's new report, "Arthritis Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Novel Oral JAK Inhibitors and Biologic Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARD) Will Drive Continued Growth Across Key Indications", provides an expert insight into the global arthritis market and market forecast until 2018. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top four arthritis therapeutic indications which are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis, Furthermore, it also includes the market forecasts and treatment usage patterns of these four therapeutic indications. The report also explores the competitive landscape of the top companies in the market and an analysis of the key trends in mergers and acquisitions, and licensing agreements involving arthritis therapies.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
GBI Research analysis shows that the global arthritis therapeutics market was estimated at $20.6 billion in 2010, during the forecast period the market grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.2% between 2010 and 2018 to a $38 billion. The market share of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis in the overall arthritis market was 68%, 22%, 7.4% and 2.6%, respectively, in 2010. The rheumatoid arthritis market was $14 billion in 2010. The market revenue is expected to increase to $26.9 billion by 2018 at a CAGR of 8.5%. The osteoarthritis market is expected to show slower growth among the top four indications. Top six companies in the arthritis therapeutics market accounted for a share of close to 62% in 2010, leaving 38% of the market dominated by generic therapies and smaller players. Despite a significant number of products available on the market, the high value of biologics keeps the market value high.
GBI Research analysis shows that the Research and Development (R&D) pipeline for the arthritis therapeutics market is strong. The rich arthritis pipeline is likely to support the growth of this market thereby attracting many pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies. Major pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, Amgen, Merck, Roche and Novartis are already active in R&D for arthritis therapies.
- Data and analysis of the arthritis market in the leading geographies of the world - the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Roche, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Abbott Laboratories, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Amgen
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Orphan Disease Therapeutics Market to 2018 - Improved Understanding of Rare Diseases' Heterogeneity and Novel New Clinical Trial Designs to Foster Innovation
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Crohn's Disease (CD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Autoimmune Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Launch of Gilenya and Benlysta to Drive the Growth of Multiple Sclerosis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Therapeutic Segments
- Orphan Disease Therapeutics in Genetic Disorders to 2018 - Emerging Agents in Cystic Fibrosis Offer Strong Opportunities for Investment and Licensing Activity
- Paget's Disease of Bone (PDB) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Endocrinology Market to 2018 - Advanced Injection Devices for Growth Hormone and Somatostatin will Improve Ease of Use for Patients
- Periodontal Disease Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
- Market and Product Forecasts: Disease Modification in Rheumatoid Arthritis - Novel therapies plus reformulations poised to enter the market