New Retailing market report from Business Monitor International: "Bahrain Retail Report Q3 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/09/2013 -- The Bahrain Retail Report examines the long-term potential of the local consumer market, but flags shortterm concern about the impact on Bahrain's economic outlook of the ongoing political crisis.
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Bahrain retail market while minimising investment risk, and also explores the impact of the downturn in fixed investment on the Bahraini consumer and on the ability of producers and exporters to realise returns in the short term.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the Bahrain retail sector, as they seek to maximise the growth opportunities offered by the local market. Bahrain per-capita consumer spending is forecast to increase by 46.8% through to 2017, compared with a regional growth average of 53.5%. The country comes sixth (out of seven) in BMI's Middle East and Africa Retail Risk/Reward Ratings, although it outperforms significantly for Risk.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Among all retail categories, mass grocery retail will be the outperformer through to 2017 in growth terms. Sales forecast to increase by nearly 44% between 2013 and 2017 from US$1.21bn to US$1.74bn, as demand for packaged and convenience foods continues to pick up on the back of busier lifestyles and more Westernised eating habits. In the competitive arena, BMI sees upside potential in Bahrain's businessfriendly regulatory environment, which has succeeded in attracting a number of multinational food companies.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
- Bahrain's economic growth should accelerate over the next few quarters, driven by a recovery in hydrocarbons output as well as rising business activity from the non-oil economy. The government will continue to support growth through loose fiscal and monetary policy, while an influx of aid from the Gulf Cooperation Council will bolster investment spending. We forecast real GDP growth of 3.7% in 2013 and 3.2% in 2014, from 3.4% in 2012.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Retail Report Q3 2013
- China Retail Report Q3 2013
- Philippines Retail Report Q3 2013
- Hong Kong Retail Report Q3 2013
- BMI India Retail Report Q3 2013
- Singapore Retail Report Q3 2013
- Malaysia Retail Report Q3 2013
- Airport Retail Trends in Asia-Pacific, 2012-2013
- Global Airport Retail Trends, 2012-2013
- Airport Retail Trends of Business Travelers in Europe, 2012-2013