Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/18/2014 -- Bosnia is one of the least developed markets in Central and Eastern Europe, which means there is great medium-term growth potential. Bosnia's mobile market recovered in Q213 and Q313, after a net subscription loss in Q113, confirming our view of continued subscription growth on the back of regulatory measures aimed at boosting competition. We therefore retain our five-year growth forecast for the mobile sector, but caution that regular inactive SIM discounting poses a downside risk to our outlook. Meanwhile, the wireline market is gaining momentum as competition between the incumbent operators and alternative players drives innovation and leads to lower prices. The take-up of mobile data services could however ultimately lower growth in fixed broadband subscriptions, particularly once LTE services become available.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The mobile market grew by 2.6% q-o-q in Q313, as penetration rose to 87.7%, indicating significant growth potential for operators over the medium term.
- Data from the regulator, CRA, showed Bosnia's fixed-line market to have declined faster in 2012 compared to 2011, with the rate of decline accelerating to 9.8% from 4.5% in 2011.
- We estimate a total of 652,000 broadband subscriptions at end-2013, up 14.7% y-o-y.
Key Trends & Developments
The wireline market is evolving in Bosnia as a result of investments by the incumbent operators and the activities of alternative operators. There has been a spate of acquisition activity in the market, which is resulting in smaller operators making gains and posing an increasing challenge to incumbent operators. Telemach has been active, acquiring Art-Net in March 2013, while Telekom Slovenije owned BlicNet acquired No Limit Technology in December 2013. However, the incumbent operators have also been active, with m:tel reaching an agreement to acquire Logosoft in December 2013, following its proposed acquisition of Elnet. BMI believes consolidation of smaller providers to challenge the incumbents would benefit consumers in terms of price and service quality.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Belgium Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Bulgaria Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2014
- 2014 Worldwide Wired Telecommunications Carriers Industry - Industry & Market Report
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2014