Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/16/2014 -- Botswana hosts one of the best regulated and strongest performing mining sectors in Africa, with diamonds the main commodity. Botswana's mining industry also deals in oth er metals and minerals including copper, nickel and coal. Additionally, uranium mining is likely to take off over the next decade.
We maintain a positive outlook for Botswana's mining sector over our forecast period to 2018. Diamonds will remain the mainstay of Botswana's mining production. We forecast modest growth for the diamond sector, boosted by new projects planned by Debswana, Gem Diamonds and Lucara Diamond Corp. Nevertheless, the major driver of growth will be acceleration in the country's coal production.
Botswana's mining sector is on course for steady growth over the next few years as we forecast the sector to average 3.5% growth from 2014 to 2018, reaching a value of USD6.3bn by 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Strong Coal Growth Potential
Botswana's mining potential is enormous, with large diamond, copper and coal deposits and numerous successful exploration projects. Over the next few years we highlight particularly strong potential for growth in coal production. Fast growth from a low base will be driven by companies including Anglo American, Exxaro, African Energy & CIC Energy, bringing substantial investment into Botswana's nascent coal sector.
Diversification To Prove Difficult
Slow economic recovery in the US and Europe, two of the main export markets for Botswana's diamond production, has hindered growth in the country. As such the government is...
The Botswana Mining Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s mining and commodity forecasts for metals, minerals and gems, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, exports and values. The report also analyses trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Botswana Mining Report provides industry strategists, service companies, company analysts and consultants, government departments, trade associations and regulatory bodies with BMI's independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the mining industry in Botswana.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts on Botswana to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and planning in this mining market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Botswana's mining sector through our reviews of latest mining industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Botswana.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity), Key Projects Tables and Competitive Landscape Tables.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Namibia Mining Report Q3 2014
- India Mining Report Q3 2014
- Congo, Dem. Rep. Mining Report Q3 2014
- Kazakhstan Mining Report Q3 2014
- Chile Mining Report Q3 2014
- Mongolia Mining Report Q3 2014
- Ghana Mining Report Q3 2014
- Angola Mining Report Q3 2014
- United States Mining Report Q3 2014
- China Mining Report Q3 2014