Fast Market Research recommends "Brazil Infrastructure Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/26/2015 -- Brazil's construction sector saw an overall contraction in 2014, as the industry suffered from a subdued domestic economy, an uncertain political environment in the run up to the Presidential elections in October 2014 and a drop - off in demand in the wake of the FIFA World Cup. Moving forward, the scale of projects in the pipeline mean s we are forecasting more positive growth in 2015 and beyond, al though we note that over the longer term, this growth is largely unsustainable.
Brazil has instigated a substantial infrastructure investment programme under Programa de Acelera??o do Crescimento (PAC) which is due to enter its third phase in 2015. The country has also set up a USD235bn concessions programme between 2015 and 2018 which will see a large number of construction projects across the transport network taking place. Although the potential investment is substantial, these concessions have been subject to extensive delays and legal hurdles, and the funding of the programme is uncertain. A large volume of energy and utilities projects are also in the pipeline, contributing to our long-term growth forecasts however Brazil continues to struggle to attract foreign investment and fundamental issues in the country's business environment will continue to undermine the growth potential in the construction sector.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Developments and Forecasts
- Brazil's overall construction sector is expected to grow by 2.3% in 2015 with more positive growth of 4.3% forecast for 2016.
- Total capital investment is expected to increase from USD385.4bn in 2015 to USD866.5bn at the end of the current forecast period in 2023.
- The In ter-American Development Bank has approved loans of USD200mn for the state of Cear? and USD for the state of Paran? to develop various social and transport infrastructure projects.
- While wider delays to port concessions are ongoing, about USD1.7bn of port infrastructure projects have been approved by Brazil's National Port...
The Brazil Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Brazil Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Brazilian infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Brazil to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Brazilian infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Brazilian infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Brazil.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI?s key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments. These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, pipelines and so on).
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the infrastructure and construction sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series (up to 2012) and forecasts to end-2024 for all key industry indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key developments in the market and risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Construction: Industry value (USDbn); contribution to GDP (%); total capital investment (USDbn); real growth (%).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Greece Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Ukraine Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Oman Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Infrastructure Report Q1 2015