Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/04/2012 -- China has the largest retail building construction market among the BRIC nations. China comprised 57.6% of the total BRIC market in 2011 and was followed by India with a 21.2% share, Russia, which accounted for 18.8% and Brazil, which constituted 2.4%. New construction activity occupied the highest share among all activities across all four countries. In Brazil, demolition activity also comprised a substantial market share as old buildings were demolished in order to build new infrastructure. Refurbishment activity accounted for the second-highest market share in Russia, India and China. In terms of retail construction growth rates on a year-on-year basis, all four markets recorded substantial growth rates before the global financial crisis of 2008. In comparison to figures from 2007, China grew by 401.5% in 2008, Brazil grew by 54.1%, India by 13.2% and Russia by 50.2%. In 2009, the Russian category recorded a decline of 34% over figures from 2008. However, in 2010 it recovered and is expected to post a growth rate of 18.2% in 2012. The Brazilian category also decelerated following the global financial crisis, however, unlike Russia, is expected to post a loss in 2012. In contrast, India was only marginally affected and continued to grow during the review period. The Chinese category was supported by infrastructure-related investments made by the government in late 2008 and grew as a result.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The Brazilian retail buildings construction market grew at a CAGR of 22.26% during the review period and is projected to grow at a rate of 8.55% over the forecast period.
- One of the most significant changes observed during the review period in Brazil was a shift from the construction of smaller shopping centers to luxury malls.
- The Russian retail building construction market grew at a CAGR of 6% during the review period and is projected to grow at a rate of 8.59% over the forecast period.
- The demand for retail building construction in Russia decelerated from its pre-recession levels in 2007. Before 2008, the enthusiasm surrounding the Russian retail sector aided growth in the retail building construction category.
- The retail construction market in India grew at a rate of 19.8% during the review period and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 14.49% over the forecast period.
- Globally, India is the fifth-largest retail market and valued US$481 billion in 2011, growing on average at 12% per annum.
- Chinese retail building construction grew at a CAGR of 33.89% during the review period and is projected to grow at a rate of 13.33% over the review period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the retail building construction market in the BRIC countries:
- It provides historical values for the BRIC retail building construction market for the report's 2007-2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2016 period
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Andrade Gutierrez SA, Odebrecht SA, Mostotrest OAO, PJSC Yuzhtruboprovodstroy, DLF Limited, Omaxe Ltd, Unitech Limited, Ansal Buildwell Limited, Parsvnath Developers Limited, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, Shanghai Urban Construction (Group) Corporation, Shanghai Construction Group Corporation Limited
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Business Opportunities in the Leisure and Hospitality Buildings Construction Industry in BRIC
- The Future of Construction in BRIC to 2015: Economic Development, Urbanization and FDI Inflow to Spur Construction
- Business Opportunities in Energy Infrastructure Construction in BRIC
- Construction in South Korea - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Vietnam - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Affordable Housing and a CNY7.0 Trillion Infrastructure Budget to Propel Growth
- Construction in Indonesia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Government Infrastructure Spending to Increase for the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Construction in the Czech Republic - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in the GCC - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2015