Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/18/2014 -- Health and wellness remained an enduring trend in soft drinks, as it was over the review period. Within cola carbonates, demand for low calorie products continued to increase far more rapidly than in other carbonates categories, with these products accounting for 48% of cola carbonates value sales in 2013 (the proportion was 42% in 2008). Meanwhile, regular cola carbonates was adversely affected by these new lifestyle trends as its value share decreased from 58% in 2008 to 52% in 2013.
Coca-Cola remained the undisputed category leader in terms of both off-trade value, with a 55% share, and retail volume, with a 54% share, in 2013. Thanks to numerous successful product launches, it was able to widen the gap in retail volume terms on its nearest rival, Rivella, which held a volume share of 12% and a retail value share of 14%. PepsiCo followed with a 7% retail value share. Coca-Cola continued to benefit from strong brand loyalty and high product availability across all major retailers and foodservice providers. According to a study published by the company, 90% of the beverages sold by Coca-Cola in Switzerland are actually produced in Switzerland and 95% of the necessary ingredients are also locally sourced.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Swiss consumers are expected to continue opting for healthier beverage options, which will have a clear impact on the performance of carbonates overall. As a result, the category is expected to post a slight decline over the forecast period in off-trade value terms at constant 2013 prices. Indeed, as the health and wellness trend is expected to increase, so is the success of low calorie cola carbonates, which is expected to register 2% CAGRs in off-trade volume and constant value terms over the forecast period. However, the popularity of low calorie cola carbonates is tending to falter as numerous studies have shown that low calorie beverages do not solve obesity or other illness-related issues.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Carbonates industry in Switzerland with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Carbonates industry in Switzerland, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Carbonates in Switzerland market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Carbonates in Switzerland?
- What are the major brands in Switzerland?
- Who are the key consumers of carbonates in Switzerland?
- How do premium vs. standard vs. economy brands compete for sales and market share?
- How does the sales performance of domestic manufacturers compare to international brands/manufacturers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cola Carbonates, Non-Cola Carbonates.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Carbonates in Austria
- Carbonates in Denmark
- Carbonates in Mexico
- Carbonates in Norway
- Carbonates Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in MENA to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates in Lithuania