New Food market report from Business Monitor International: "Colombia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/04/2014 -- Investor interest in Colombia has picked up in recent years, with key examples including the move by Portugal's leading food retailer, Jer?nimo Martins, to target Co lombia ahead of other countries such as Argentina and Brazil. We forecast strong real private consumption growth in 2014 and 2015 as a two-year long household delever aging cycle comes to an end . W hile household spending growth has moderated since peaking in late 2011, we believe that improving labour dynamics, combined with record low interest rates, will drive a re-acceleration in private consumption growth in 2014.
Headline Industry Data (in local currency)
- 2014 per capita food consumption = +7.4% year-on-year (y-o-y); forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2013-2018 = +8.5%.
- 2014 alcoholic drink sales = +6.1% y-o-y; forecast CAGR 2013-2018 = +6.4%.
- 2014 soft drink sales = +9.7% y-o-y; forecast CAGR 2013-2018 = +9.6%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales = +8.3% y-o-y; forecast CAGR 2013-2018 = +10.9%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends:
Starbucks To Face Challenges In Colombia : Starbucks' decision to open their first flagship store in Colombia in July 2014 indicates that the company sees strong upside potential for domestic coffee consumption, outweighing challenges linked to competition in the country. However, we believe the company's success will depend on its price strategy and long-term support of local farmers .
The Colombia Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Colombia Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Colombia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Colombia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Colombian food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Colombia through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings:
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis:
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
Industry Developments - A summary of corporate developments, including news on M&As, FDI, expansions, closures and financial results, in addition to analysis and explanation of the latest industry events and how these could influence further investment.
Market Overview - An overview of the structure of the market, introducing the key players and discussing underlying trends.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Caribbean Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Central America Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2014