New Construction market report from Timetric: "Construction in Kuwait - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/05/2012 -- The Kuwaiti construction industry increased in value at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1% during the review period of 2007-2011. This slow CAGR was a result of the 2009 economic crisis, which led the construction industry to shrink at a rate of 9.8% in the same year. In the pre-recession years, the construction industry in Kuwait was active, driven by the government's diversification initiatives and several investment programs for infrastructure development. The construction industry's growth of 17.6% in 2007 remained the highest yearly growth recorded during the review period. Diversification of the economy attracted investment in the industrial and commercial markets, resulting in an increased level of construction activity. Commercial and industrial construction were the main two categories demonstrating significant activity. The continuing diversification of the economy is expected to result in these two categories supporting growth in the Kuwaiti construction industry over the forecast period.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- To reduce economic dependence on oil, the government started investing in other sectors such as education, infrastructure and manufacturing, which is influencing construction activity in the country and is acting as a catalyst for the Kuwaiti construction industry.
- Kuwait is experiencing shortages in the institutional construction market as a result of the government's failure to invest in healthcare facilities since the 1980s. As a consequence, there are opportunities in the healthcare construction market.
- The infrastructure market constituted a 48.1% share and contributed the largest value of the total Kuwait construction industry in 2011. Residential and commercial markets followed it with shares of 22.2% and 17.4% respectively.
- The government's plan for diversification is expected to encourage more private investment which will drive the construction industry in Kuwait to record a CAGR of 7.45% over the forecast period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Kuwait:
- Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in Kuwait using the construction output and value-add methods
- Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
- Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
- Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
- Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
- Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Kuwait
- Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in Kuwait by value
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Combined Group Contracting Company KSCC, Kharafi National, Heavy Engineering Industries and Shipbuilding Company K.S.C., Mushrif Trading & Contracting Co., The Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting K.S.C.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Construction in Northern China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Turkey - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Vietnam - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in the Czech Republic - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Indonesia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in China - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Affordable Housing and a CNY7.0 Trillion Infrastructure Budget to Propel Growth
- Construction in Australia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Construction in Russia - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016: Government Infrastructure Spending to Increase for the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Construction in the UAE - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016
- Business Opportunities in the Water and Sewage Infrastructure Construction Industry in BRIC
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)