New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Czech Republic Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/24/2014 -- The pharmaceutical supply chain within the Czech Republic has undergone a period of flux over the last decade. The pharmaceutical market itself, originally dominated by domestic and regional generic companies, has been won over by larger multinationals with competitive pressures expected to continue to favour those with scale. While we expect the Czech market to stabilise in 2014, we note that depreciatory pressure on the Czech koruna could see incomes decline for multinationals that operate within the Czech Republic. In addition, policies that regulate drug prices even further and reduce the cost of medicines to the state healthcare system and private insurers will weigh heavily on the growth prospects of the Czech pharmaceutical market, even as the Czech economy rebounds in 2015. Despite these concerns, BMI maintains a more optimistic long-term view. We believe that the need for innovative medicines will drive growth well above the rates of expansion achieved in Western Europe over our 10-year forecast period. In the longer term, the Czech Republic's disease and drug consumption profile illustrates a considerable gap between it and Western Europe, suggesting that the population's demand for high-value innovative medicines will continue until convergence.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: CZK76.93bn (USD3.66bn) in 2013 to CZK74.43bn (USD3.41bn) in 2014; -3.2% in local currency terms and -6.7% in US dollar terms. Forecasts significantly lower compared to previous quarter.
- Healthcare: CZK290.94bn (USD13.83bn) in 2013 to CZK305.59bn (USD14.02bn) in 2014; +5.0% in local currency terms and 1.3% in US dollar terms. Forecasts changed due to historical revision to 2012 figures.
Risk/Reward Rating: Despite leading our regional RRR table with a score of 63.2 out of 100 and therefore ranked as the most attractive market in the Central and Eastern European region followed by Poland (61.5) and Greece (57.8) in Q414, drugmakers will...
The Czech Republic Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Czech Republic Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Czech pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Czech Republic to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Czech pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Czech pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Czech Republic.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research