Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/08/2012 -- Depleting hydrocarbon reserves in major oil and gas producing fields in Russia has prompted the Russian government to expedite its exploration activity in the Arctic region. Russia's Arctic region is expected to have hydrocarbon reserves that will suffice for around 100 to 150 years for the country. However, explorations in the Arctic require huge investments due to its harsh climatic conditions and the challenges posed by compliance with environmental protection measures, which require advanced technologies. This scenario has prompted Russia to enter into an alliance with international oil companies to expedite the exploration process. Rosneft, a Russian national oil company, has entered into several funding and technological partnerships with international players to explore this region.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The report highlights the hurdles faced by the Keystone XL project designed by TransCanada.
- The report further highlights the rationale for Canada to diversify its oil export destinations to Asia- Pacific.
- The Northern Gateway Pipeline provides scope for Canada to diversify its exports to Asian Markets.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Develop a sound understanding of the need of Arctic exploration by Russia.
- To understand the reasons for Russia's need to explore in the offshore of Arctic.
- To understand the challenges faced by Russia in Arctic explaoration.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- BP p.l.c. (BP.) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Total S.A. (FP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- ConocoPhillips (COP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Santos Ltd. (STO) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDSA) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Offshore Oil and Gas Developments in Asia-Pacific - Burgeoning Energy Demand Drives Exploration and Production Activities
- BHP Billiton Limited (BHP) - Oil & Gas - Deals and Alliances Profile